IMAX Prologue

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
dormouse7 wrote:How did the prologue go from 7 min to 5 min 20 sec? Was 7 min just a rumor and was registered as 05:20?
Correct.
genloovers wrote:
antovolk wrote:
genloovers wrote:AMC just confirmed to me via Facebook that the prologue will be with all IMAX screenings of rogue one.
Fantastic, thank you! At least something somewhat official re: that than just going off what I heard/know haha
Do you think you can post a screenshot of the message?

There's a little more that was said, but I can't post that due to personal info.
That's great, thank you!

Holy shit I just realised how incredibly huge this marketing campaign is. EVERYONE that goes to an IMAX screening of Rogue One will get the Dunkirk prologue.

I mean... How much would that cost, lol

It's better than giving it just to 70mm IMAX

They can reach a much larger audience now

willaartwillem wrote:Holy shit I just realised how incredibly huge this marketing campaign is. EVERYONE that goes to an IMAX screening of Rogue One will get the Dunkirk prologue.

It's only for the UK and US so no, not "everyone." :(

Reaveybeach wrote:
willaartwillem wrote:Holy shit I just realised how incredibly huge this marketing campaign is. EVERYONE that goes to an IMAX screening of Rogue One will get the Dunkirk prologue.

It's only for the UK and US so no, not "everyone." :(
Not necessarily. Outside of English language countries the only question is whether the local distributors will bother to translate it.

dormouse7 wrote:How did the prologue go from 7 min to 5 min 20 sec? Was 7 min just a rumor and was registered as 05:20?
I'm sure there will be a "sizzle reel" that is attached to the prologue. So 7min total run time.

The Special One wrote:
I'm sure there will be a "sizzle reel" that is attached to the prologue. So 7min total run time.
I think it is 5 min 20 seconds. People just guessed 7 based on the Batman prologues. A sizzle reel wouldn't possibly last 1 min and 40 seconds.

The Special One wrote:
The sizzle is part of it. The 7 mins is just what the MN IMAX said way back then

antovolk wrote:
The Special One wrote:
The sizzle is part of it. The 7 mins is just what the MN IMAX said way back then
Either way, it's lots of minutes. Now the test is to try and avoid bootlegs.