IMAX Prologue

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Saw Rogue One a second time today, this time at the Air and Space Museum in VA. Honestly wasn't looking forward to seeing it a second time but legit paid $20 just to see the Dunkirk footage. Didn't enjoy rogue one the first time cuz there were drunk people behind me talking and smacking on their popcorn, also the projector wasn't calibrated right the first 30 minutes. Everything was too dim to even see outlines. But I enjoyed it the second time around expecting just an all out action film essentially. I generally only go to the IMAX when a Nolan movie or a prologue drops, but I keep forgetting how huge the damn screen is and how clear it is.

My screening was nearly sold out (it was early morning matinee), but everyone gasped when it went from the widescreen to the 1:43:1 ratio. Guess most of them haven't seen true IMAX before. But anyways yeah it was so intense. Would have been nice getting some context but every moment was so visceral and you could definitely tell there was no CGI minus some of the fighter jet scenes. hard to understand some lines of dialogue, but maybe I just need time adjusting to the accents. Hoping it's not interstellar bad where I couldn't hear 1/4 of the dialogue (only at the 70mm IMAX, everywhere else seemed fine I watched it 4 times).

Overall loved it, ticking music just ratcheted up the intensity to another level.

But seriously can someone PM me the bootleg? I'm dying to see it again.

MyCocaine wrote:
redfirebird2008 wrote:
MyCocaine wrote:The prologue for Dunkirk isn't the opening scene of the film. It simply doesn't add up.

Anyone with knowledge of the production and trailers would support this claim.
Then how do you explain Rylance's comment about the opening of the script? He said it just drops you right into the middle of a desperate situation with no build-up.
I was thinking more of the scenes taking place in the city and beaches of Dunkirk. What would be the motive for showing a later event such as soldiers evacuating from the beach only to cut back to the previous scenes. Frankly I can't wrap my head around it. I guess we will find out.
It would be insane if Nolan played the entire film up to the climax with his Classic 3 scene intercut. The only time it didn't work for me was during interstellar, maybe cuz
cutting back to Murph wasn't the same climax as the other two scenes in the intercut where Mann left Cooper to die and Romilly was about to get blown up by Mann
Correct me if I'm wrong but he's done the three scene intercut with every film since the dark knight

Nolan is notorious for flashback scenes.

End argument.

Hey gents! Could someone be a great person and pm me the prologue? Ive already seen it at the theater but my friend was sick and not able to make it! Would love to see it again and show him...would be beyond greatly appreciated.

Vader182 wrote:
Lord Shade wrote:BTW, there are some shots in the "prologue", which were so clearly, so obviously, so openly oriented for IMAX format, that I start to sorry about people who are going to see it in regular theaters.

For example, the big large shot of the giant war ship (which, I believe, is Maillé Brézé itself) arriving or just waiting on Dunkirk's harbor. I don't remember the specific details, but I think that in regular 2D it will look so defective and cropped that people will just freak out, of course if they will not edit this scene before the release. The soldiers standing beneath will be literally cut out of the picture, and the shot will lose about 99% of its magic.
this is true for TDKR and interstellar too

-Vader
Not exactly. I've watched the cut 2D-versions of both of them once, and nothing really significant was cut out from them. While in Dunkirk's prologue the shots would really feel defective in 2D, like in this scene with a Navy Destroyer I've described.

Just booked my tickets for tuesday. I'm really hyped to see the prologue on the big screen (much more than I actually am for Rogue One lol).

Lord Shade wrote:
Vader182 wrote:
Lord Shade wrote:BTW, there are some shots in the "prologue", which were so clearly, so obviously, so openly oriented for IMAX format, that I start to sorry about people who are going to see it in regular theaters.

For example, the big large shot of the giant war ship (which, I believe, is Maillé Brézé itself) arriving or just waiting on Dunkirk's harbor. I don't remember the specific details, but I think that in regular 2D it will look so defective and cropped that people will just freak out, of course if they will not edit this scene before the release. The soldiers standing beneath will be literally cut out of the picture, and the shot will lose about 99% of its magic.
this is true for TDKR and interstellar too

-Vader
Not exactly. I've watched the cut 2D-versions of both of them once, and nothing really significant was cut out from them. While in Dunkirk's prologue the shots would really feel defective in 2D, like in this scene with a Navy Destroyer I've described.
I think seeing a sliver of the ships in 2.40 during the "POV" mounted camera stuff really obscures the scale AND momentum of those sequences substantially, it really neuters them.

Also opening of TDKR + both chases don't really work in 2.40 imo

-Vader

Someone please PM me the prologue. :roll:

Same, if someone has a working link please pm

me too please