IMAX Prologue

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Barry Keoghan's character is sceptical of Rylance's decision to ignore the Navy's orders to requisition his ship for the Dunkirk evacuation. Rylance want's to do it himself. As I understand it, and I may be waaay off here, Keoghan is not his son but a close friend/relative of Tom-C and Rylance.
Last edited by prowlercomesaround on December 18th, 2016, 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

prowlercomesaround wrote:Barry Keoghan's character is sceptical of Rylance's decision to ignore the Navy's orders to requisition his ship for the Dunkirk evacuation. He want's to do it himself. As I understand it, and I may be waaay off here, Keoghan is not his son but a close friend/relative of Tom-C and Rylance.
I didn't think they were brothers either, i think maybe they're school mates, or something, but we're basing that on a tiny scene hah. Time will tell.

I don't even know why I think Barry's running from the officers, but its been stuck in my head anyway.

Im gonna ask again could someone please PM the prologue please? Thank y'all kindly!! I can't wait to watch the beauty of it

What happens to the third Spitfire accompanying Hardy and Lowden? It just vanishes into thin air (literally)

Can someone resend me the link? Would like to watch it again.

I also thought Barry seemed wary of the officers and that it was part of his reason to hop on the boat - not that he wanted to come along but rather that he didn't want to be left behind. I guess we'll know in about 7 months.

Sweet

fayestardust wrote:Don't know if this has been discussed, but it seems like me that George (Barry) gets on the ship to get away from the officers. I wonder what he's done...
he seems a little scared of the officers...
Last edited by lhx_m__ on December 18th, 2016, 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

He's not scared of the officers. He hopped aboard the Moonstone because he didn't want Rylance and Tom GC to go out and rescue the soldiers off of Dunkirk's shore.

As I have previously said in the dialogue, those civilians who volunteered their boats often let the Navy officers take their boats from them in order to use them in the evacuation. But some civilians - Rylance's character being one of them - decided he'd take his own damn boat out and not lend it to the Naval officers to do it.

The reason George was a bit hesitant about Rylance taking the boat out, was because he wanted the Navy officers to take it out and not have Rylance captain his own ship. Thats why he was a bit surprised and asked “Why ain’t you waiting on the Navy” But when he saw that Rylance was gonna be stubborn about it, he decided he was going to go with him and Tom GC.

Posting this dialogue again, if you want to read it, then watch the prologue again, I think you'll see how it played out.
Tom C – as Barry looks questioningly at the back of some naval officers, Tom C explains why they were there, “the Navy’s requisitioned her – be back in an hour” (referring to the officer's who would be back to get the Moonstone in an hour) “but dad wants us to be ready before then”
= it’s pretty clear to me that Rylance is the father of Tom Carney as well as Barry K’s character

Tom C – talking to Barry again “They’ve told us to strip her (the Moonstone) and load those life jackets, some men across the channel at Dunkirk need taking on”

Barry K looks at the life jackets and says questioningly “some men?”

Cuts to a few other scenes, then back to the Moonstone where it shows Tom C gathering life jackets onto the boat

Mark Rylance steps out the door quickly, watching what Barry K is doing (but you don’t see who Rylance is talking to) and says “And the other stern line, George” (We learn that Barry K’s character’s name is George)

Barry K (George), bends to untie the Moonstone from the mooring as he asks Rylance “Why ain’t you waiting on the Navy” (he was expecting Rylance to wait for the Navy to board the Moonstone before shoving off, as Tom C had previously told him they were supposed to be ready to go in an hour)

Rylance explains “They’ve asked for the Moonstone, they’ll have her….and their captain” (in other words, Rylance could have just let the Navy men take the Moonstone for the rescue mission, but instead HE chose to captain his own ship and not wait for the naval officers to take her out)

Tom C hops on board and says “and this son” (enthusiastically joining his father on the Moonstone for come what may)

Rylance says “thanks for the help George”, expecting Barry K to walk away, but instead George hops on board

Tom C says to George “What are you doing? You do know where we’re going?”

Shady1 wrote:He's not scared of the officers. He hopped aboard the Moonstone because he didn't want Rylance and Tom GC to go out and rescue the soldiers off of Dunkirk's shore.

As I have previously said in the dialogue, those civilians who volunteered their boats often let the Navy officers take their boats from them in order to use them in the evacuation. But some civilians - Rylance's character being one of them - decided he'd take his own damn boat out and not lend it to the Naval officers to do it.

The reason George was a bit hesitant about Rylance taking the boat out, was because he wanted the Navy officers to take it out and not have Rylance captain his own ship. Thats why he was a bit surprised and asked “Why ain’t you waiting on the Navy” But when he saw that Rylance was gonna be stubborn about it, he decided he was going to go with him and Tom GC.

Posting this dialogue again, if you want to read it, then watch the prologue again, I think you'll see how it played out.
Tom C – as Barry looks questioningly at the back of some naval officers, Tom C explains why they were there, “the Navy’s requisitioned her – be back in an hour” (referring to the officer's who would be back to get the Moonstone in an hour) “but dad wants us to be ready before then”
= it’s pretty clear to me that Rylance is the father of Tom Carney as well as Barry K’s character

Tom C – talking to Barry again “They’ve told us to strip her (the Moonstone) and load those life jackets, some men across the channel at Dunkirk need taking on”

Barry K looks at the life jackets and says questioningly “some men?”

Cuts to a few other scenes, then back to the Moonstone where it shows Tom C gathering life jackets onto the boat

Mark Rylance steps out the door quickly, watching what Barry K is doing (but you don’t see who Rylance is talking to) and says “And the other stern line, George” (We learn that Barry K’s character’s name is George)

Barry K (George), bends to untie the Moonstone from the mooring as he asks Rylance “Why ain’t you waiting on the Navy” (he was expecting Rylance to wait for the Navy to board the Moonstone before shoving off, as Tom C had previously told him they were supposed to be ready to go in an hour)

Rylance explains “They’ve asked for the Moonstone, they’ll have her….and their captain” (in other words, Rylance could have just let the Navy men take the Moonstone for the rescue mission, but instead HE chose to captain his own ship and not wait for the naval officers to take her out)

Tom C hops on board and says “and this son” (enthusiastically joining his father on the Moonstone for come what may)

Rylance says “thanks for the help George”, expecting Barry K to walk away, but instead George hops on board

Tom C says to George “What are you doing? You do know where we’re going?”