IMAX Prologue

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Shady1 wrote:Just to add one more thing - this Prologue had a deadline in order to sync it up with the premier of R1. It's going to be edited, and re-edited, and re-re-edited and re-re-re-edited. It's possible that parts of the prologue may not even show up in the final cut.

I think complaining about these edits now before it's even a final product is putting the cart before the horse. When you really consider the fact that they only finished filming in September and then had a 5 minute prologue to put out only 3 months later - that's a pretty tight timing jam, IMO. I'm gonna cut them some slack for any little editing hiccups (for now)
Good point

stanley wrote:Prologue is brilliant (actually, was this even a prologue? Seemed more like a scene taken somewhere into the movie then anything). Love the tension, the music/sound, the cinematography. I didn't full understand the context of the scene and all but I still felt the tension. I can only imagine how cool it would have been to see it on the big screen.
I seriously hope it's the prologue. I very much like the idea that the audience will be violently thrown into the movie and don't know what the heck is this messy situation. That's neat (lol) and artistic imo.
Shady1 wrote:I don't like getting too stuck in the details though because that's when I usually miss something else that I find out later I should have paid more attention to.
That's too.

Nolan has been criticised a lot for being cold. Personally I think he just portrays emotions very subtly and it suits his characters.

In Interstellar, his characters are more, idk, ordinary? and the emotions are put on the fore front (it has less action and revenge than other films) and suddenly people find it cheesy. I remember thinking the love reasoning in Interstellar was very logical on the first screening. I feel like I understand where it comes from and like it.

stanley wrote:Prologue is brilliant (actually, was this even a prologue? Seemed more like a scene taken somewhere into the movie then anything). Love the tension, the music/sound, the cinematography. I didn't full understand the context of the scene and all but I still felt the tension. I can only imagine how cool it would have been to see it on the big screen.
I don't think it's a random scene from the middle of the movie. Mark Rylance said the script starts with a bang right in the middle of a desperate situation. Seems like an accurate description of the footage we just saw.

karthiksac wrote:Just pointing out..
Dynamo here got it spot on ... //
1st post in this topic

Dynamo wrote:Hi all. Firstly, I understand that since this is a brand new account, I know this post will be met with skepticism. But as a huge Christopher Nolan fan :gonf: , I recently got a tidbit of info that got me excited, and that I wanted to share with you guys. I work in the film industry (that's as specific as I can be; I need to keep it vague to avoid getting in trouble with either of my employers), and I've recently learned that the next Dunkirk footage that we'll be seeing is likely in the form of a prologue (a la the TDK prologue attached to I Am Legend back in December '07, and the TDKR prologue attached to Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol in December '11). I don't have any more concrete info besides that (for now...), but a prologue is definitely in the works!

As far as content, I can only speculate, but if Nolan follows the same template that he did for his previous two prologues, it could be a full scene (5-6 minutes) followed by a sizzle reel of different clips at the end.

More speculation on my part, but as far as when and where it will be released, Nolan's going to want this screened in IMAX only, and the biggest ones possible, at that. Currently that means the 4K Laser IMAXes, in addition to whichever 70mm IMAXes are still around. We'll most likely be seeing this attached to Rogue One in December, which follows the same timeline as his previous prologues.

Also, we’ll still likely get a separate trailer #2 aside from the prologue, as was the case with TDK/TDKR.

Feel free to take this post with a grain of salt, but when the news is announced that we’ll be getting a prologue, you heard it here first ;)
:thumbup:

Fashionably late to the party. Any chance someone can PM me the link? Thanks.

If someone can send me the link it would be greatly appreciated

Would like a link if possible please :x , is there another streamable link?

Saw it in IMAX again and...

Who woulda thunk a random extra would have such a negative impact on a Nolan movie?

:facepalm:

genloovers wrote:Saw it in IMAX again and...

Who woulda thunk a random extra would have such a negative impact on a Nolan movie?

You're obsessed. Please shut the fuck up.

dealwithit wrote:
genloovers wrote:Saw it in IMAX again and...

You're obsessed. Please shut the fuck up.
Obsessed with the fact Nolan ruined his own movie?