IMAX Prologue

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Shady1 wrote:
So, to clarify (not sure if this is too much detail, sorry), there’s three planes: Lowden is first, then the German plane, then Hardy’s plane. Basically the German plane is all over Lowden’s plane waiting to get him in its sights so they can take Lowden out, but Hardy sets his plane behind the German plane to take them out before the German plane can take down Lowden

Hardy, now behind the German plane, does some maneuvering to get the German plane in his sights. Takes a few shots and misses.

Hardy tells Lowden: “On my mark Fortis 2, turn left….3…2…1…MARK”

Lowden quickly jerks his plane to the left in order to get the fuck out of the way of the incoming bullets, so Hardy can take out the German plane without getting his own ass lit up.

Then Lowden asks Hardy: “Fortis 2, what’s your fuel?” [He would have done this being concerned about Hardy’s fuel, even though Hardy had two more gallons than Lowden at the start of the scene – Lowden knows damn well that with all the maneuvering Hardy had to do with his own plane in order to take out the German, he would have been running low on fuel and likely be running on fumes]

1. But wasn't there a total of three Spitfire planes flying in formation before the arrival of the German plane? Where did the third one go?

2. I think it's more in order to get a lead on the target more than avoiding hitting Lowden's plane.

3. I thought Hardy was low on fuel because he was hit by the German plane?

PM for the link would be nice

Hello guys, this is my first post but I am reading you all the time since early 2011. Unfortunately in my country (Slovakia) we don't have the prologue before Rogue One. I would really appreciate if someone can send it to me. Thanks.

Can somebody please PM the link for prologue please.

So is it possible that the shot of Hardy's propeller stopping is from later on in the movie? As in, he tells Lowden that he's fairly cerain it'll be fine, they carry on fighting, and the propeller stops later on? Or is that something that would happen immediately after we see the gauge all messed up, meaning that he'll probably crash within the first 10 minutes or so? (Obviously I know nothing about planes lol)

plus why don't someone just share it on trackers? easy to collect and store that way

prowlercomesaround wrote:
Shady1 wrote:
So, to clarify (not sure if this is too much detail, sorry), there’s three planes: Lowden is first, then the German plane, then Hardy’s plane. Basically the German plane is all over Lowden’s plane waiting to get him in its sights so they can take Lowden out, but Hardy sets his plane behind the German plane to take them out before the German plane can take down Lowden

Hardy, now behind the German plane, does some maneuvering to get the German plane in his sights. Takes a few shots and misses.

Hardy tells Lowden: “On my mark Fortis 2, turn left….3…2…1…MARK”

Lowden quickly jerks his plane to the left in order to get the fuck out of the way of the incoming bullets, so Hardy can take out the German plane without getting his own ass lit up.

Then Lowden asks Hardy: “Fortis 2, what’s your fuel?” [He would have done this being concerned about Hardy’s fuel, even though Hardy had two more gallons than Lowden at the start of the scene – Lowden knows damn well that with all the maneuvering Hardy had to do with his own plane in order to take out the German, he would have been running low on fuel and likely be running on fumes]

1. But wasn't there a total of three Spitfire planes flying in formation before the arrival of the German plane? Where did the third one go?

2. I think it's more in order to get a lead on the target more than avoiding hitting Lowden's plane.

3. I thought Hardy was low on fuel because he was hit by the German plane?
All possible, only one way to find out for sure....it sucks that it won't be until July

walterfinch wrote:
So is it possible that the shot of Hardy's propeller stopping is from later on in the movie? As in, he tells Lowden that he's fairly cerain it'll be fine, they carry on fighting, and the propeller stops later on? Or is that something that would happen immediately after we see the gauge all messed up, meaning that he'll probably crash within the first 10 minutes or so? (Obviously I know nothing about planes lol)
Not sure about anything, tbh - however, because of the fact that this was a prologue, actual five minutes of the film and not an edited pieced together trailer, I don't think the propeller stops later in the movie, it happens within the five minutes of time we see in the prologue - that being the case however, it's not necessarily the beginning of the story, either. It could be that it's the end or it could be a flashback or anything in between, even a dream sequence for all we know (although I doubt that very much).

It is Nolan after all, so I don't think any of us can say anything for certain at this point. I just saw what I saw and heard what I heard, doesn't mean it's right ;)

Someone mind PMing me please??? :twothumbsup:

finally got it. thanks guys :thumbup: