IMAX Prologue

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Hope Hardy's character miraculously survives despite what's about to happen at the end there lol. Would be severely disappointed if he dies within the first 10 minutes
Last edited by walterfinch on December 16th, 2016, 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

walterfinch wrote:
Hope Hardy's character miraculously survives despite what's about to happen at the end there lol. Would be severely disappointed if he dies within the first 10 minutes
You may wanna put that in a spoiler, considering that not everyone has seen the prologue yet.

i guess you could say
he crashed his plane
with no survivors?

dormouse7 wrote:
Dilter444 wrote:Does anyone know if those plane sounds are accurate? I heard online they weren't but it was hard to tell because of the model of the planes. Nolan likes being as realistic as possible, Interstellar, and he even bought a 5 million dollar plane so it wouldn't really make sense if those plane sounds weren't accurate.
Here is an actual Spitfire from the Battle of France w/ audio (albeit 76 years older older than it was when it flew in 1940).

The ones Nolan used were Hermano Buchon me109 version and those actually started being used (I think) a year or two later than 1940. They were clones of the first Spitfires but made by another company. (I think I have that right - too busy to look up). Most movies use the Hermano Buchons because it is near impossible to rent any of the few MKI's that are still functional.

So that Buchon was the 5 million dollar plane?

How does Hardy manage to convey such emotion with just the eyes. I was like 'FUCK' right there with him. Also, either CN did a lot of manoeuvring with the fake scenes for pap pictures or Harry's character doesn't drown. Which I kinda figured, considering it'd be a huge spoiler to have it in the trailer. I'm trying to piece together what Fionn and Aneurin do after dropping the stretcher, what happens next.
The fact that it looked so good in a bootleg makes me want all out and book the best cinema available here tbh. This film is gonna look amagazing.
I'm so pumped. Thank you so much to those who took the video, uploaded it and shared it, especially Shady1 who PMd me.

Fucking, I can't believe I had to go to page 109 to get the bloody download link from a noob, you people should be ashamed of yourselves.

I SEE THE PROLOGUE !!!!!!!! WONDERFUL, THANKS TO EVERY ONE

Michaelf2225 wrote:
ChristNolan wrote:I can't put my finger on it, but theres something intrinsically unique about the whole thing. It's like we're literally plopped right into a real war documentary, yet it's very Hitchcockian in it's build up with Zimmer's superbly tense score. I don't think I've ever seen a blend like that before, plus theres this classic Nolan jump cutting throughout multiple plotlines that he masters so effortlessly. It leaves you scrambling to not ever divert your eyes in case you miss something. It really does feel like a juiced up The Birds molded into a war film with this constant underlying sense of imminent danger from an unseen force.

I had some trouble with hearing the dialogue but thats mostly because of Rylance's accent. My ear should tune into it as the film goes on.
Also, how refreshing was it to see a "plane shoots down another plane" action scene without it being over blown. It just reinforces that war doc feel. Hardy shoots it down and is literally just like "yep he's down." I imagine thats pretty damn close to reality with war pilots.
Yeah, I didn't think
crossing a plank could be so tense.
It looks like Nolan is bringing his A game for this, and as long as his script is as good as his direction of this first sequence, we may actually be in for a Dark Knight killer.

Can't believe I'm saying that last part, but I honestly thought the prologue was some of the best direction I've seen from him.
I agree. It seems like he's growing as a filmmaker -- becoming less conventional in his directing.

Then again I felt that way when I saw "Interstellar." I know it's a divisive film, but for some reason Nolan's directing really stood out (esp. the docking sequence and the build up to it... wow). It's fascinating to watch, but I think he's continuing to improve as a filmmaker.

Makes me excited to see how far he'll go. :D

Can I get PMed the prologue please? Thanks!

OVERMAN wrote:Fucking, I can't believe I had to go to page 109 to get the bloody download link from a noob, you people should be ashamed of yourselves.
I got the impression that whoever runs this site didn't want the links to be publically visible inside the forums, since neither Teddy nor Law posted the link or uploaded it to a streaming site.