Christopher Nolan's action triller about the WWII story commonly known as The Miracle at Dunkirk. July 21, 2017.

IMAX Locations and Info Thread

booked my tickets for 10:50 tonight. this is my fourth go around in theaters, but I really cant pass up another opportunity to see this film in IMAX
Bacon wrote:
Bacon wrote:IMAX Dome about half an hour from me is showing it on 70mm for cheap. Should I? Or is IMAX Dome that awful?

maybe it won't bother you as much as it does me

i've been to a dome once (for Rogue One), and i don't want to go again
Michaelf2225 wrote:
Bacon wrote:
Bacon wrote:IMAX Dome about half an hour from me is showing it on 70mm for cheap. Should I? Or is IMAX Dome that awful?

I ended up not going. Didn't have someone else to go with and I don't want tot risk soiling the perfect experiences I had with Dunkirk earlier.
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
SINCEPTION wrote:Hell yeah, Im definitely seeing it again on IMAX 70mm at CityWalk :gonf: :twothumbsup:

Makes one wonder if they'll have those shirts again, haha.

I certainly hope not because I don't think they can hand them out without chaos :facepalm:
Michaelf2225 wrote:
Bacon wrote:

i LOVE dome experience, I've seen Interstellar 3x at dome, and freaking loved it especially with the IMAX 70 shots. I felt immersed and absorbed by the image. A lot of people try to focus at a point to view the whole image, but I love looking around, it makes me feel like Im actually in the scene or in that environment.
Law
Just saw this again in IMAX in NYC... just gets better and better
Going to see it in 70mm IMAX one very last time, in just a few hours, for the third time (and my fifth overall theater viewing).

Before I couldn't really justify spending money on it so close to the home video release, but then I said, "What the heck am I saying? This is the last chance I'll ever get for this!" I reckon if I ask for the Blu-ray as a Christmas gift from a family member, all will be corrected. Of course, that means I'll have to wait another week after its release, but this IMAX viewing will take care of that void pretty well.
Saw a 4:00 screening, 70mm IMAX in San Francisco. There were 27 people in the theater, myself included. The print had more dirt on it this time around, but it was still drop-dead beautiful.

When I get this on Blu-ray (Christmas now, hah), I have so many things to screencap for my favorite "shots." Heck, I'll probably end up just making a bunch of GIFs because they are even sexier in motion.
Make em such high res gifs like we got of Interstellar 8-)
← Previous page Next page →
← Return to Dunkirk