IMAX Locations and Info Thread

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Thanks for the information.

First viewing in 70mm. Second viewing in IMAX. Third viewing in a regular cinema.

Once the Blu-ray hits I'll watch it three times within the first month. That should do it.

MyCocaine wrote:Thanks for the information.

First viewing in 70mm. Second viewing in IMAX. Third viewing in a regular cinema.

Once the Blu-ray hits I'll watch it three times within the first month. That should do it.
I see you are in Prussia. I was hoping the big IMAX in King of Prussia, PA had 70mm, but nope.

I live in Copenhagen. Cinemaxx provides the IMAX and Imperial provides the 70mm.

15/70 IMAX and 35mm is also an option if the Film Institute and Science Museum decides to show it.

A great place to be. All within a walking distance. Lucky me.

I really hope they install the 4K IMAX laser projectors before july 2017 in the Netherlands. That shoulds be a big upgrade.

willaartwillem wrote:I really hope they install the 4K IMAX laser projectors before july 2017 in the Netherlands. That shoulds be a big upgrade.
I asked about that last year and they said Laser was still in development or something, but not something they were gonna install anytime soon.. It wouldn't hurt to contact them but I think you'll get the same answer. Keep in mind that we only have digital IMAX screens whereas the BFI in London had the 15/70mm projection thus so the screen was much bigger. I really hope they do get the Laser though, picture quality can be a lot better. I think they still project in 2K lol

Either way, IMAX shot sequences do look a lot brighter which is very nice. And the sound is terrific. But if there's a 4K screening of any film available I'll definitely go there instead of IMAX. The Revenant looked pristine. (yeah I know it wasn't in IMAX but you get the point)

The main thing about IMAX Laser is either it will get a different copy from a regular digital IMAX or not. If it's the copy with bigger resolution and larger aspect ratio than in digital IMAX, then IMAX Laster simply becomes a second priority after IMAX film presentation. If not, then it's not better than digital.

I've wrote to IMAX Corp to find out like three months ago, but they still didn't answer.

Laser projection or not, I'm still definitely going to the IMAX (digital) premiere. It's still so much better than a regular screen.

I thought Laser came close to if is not superior to 15/70mm projection..

MyCocaine wrote:I'm certain Copenhagen will get a 70MM print.

Nolan himself provided a print for Interstellar out of his own pockets.

The Hateful Eight was also showed their last year in all it's glory. Such a great cinema.
Are you from Denmark? :wave:

User of Interest wrote:Are you from Denmark? :wave:
A Prussian living in exile. Yeah, I live in the capital.

Always a pleasure to meet a Dane :wave: