IMAX Locations and Info Thread

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Nomis wrote:But that's the Omniversum in Den Haag, which is like a dome. I think the only time a feature film was shown in such a screen which was also partially shot with IMAX camera's was TDKR somewhere in the US lol but they don't do that here.

The Eye museum in Amsterdam North has a 70mm projector (big screen, but not IMAX). I watched The Hateful Eight there earlier this year and it was glorious

I'm sure they'll get a 70mm print of Dunkirk and I'll undoubtedly see it there!
Oh I'm definitely doing that too.

Lord Shade wrote:
Dobson wrote:I'm wondering if there are still IMAX cinemas left in Europe which don't project films only digitally.
There are, in France, Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
Which one in Germany?

Dobson wrote:
Lord Shade wrote:
Dobson wrote:I'm wondering if there are still IMAX cinemas left in Europe which don't project films only digitally.
There are, in France, Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
Which one in Germany?
A German would know and since you're not why would that information be relevant to you?

MyCocaine wrote:
Dobson wrote:
Lord Shade wrote: There are, in France, Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
Which one in Germany?
A German would know and since you're not why would that information be relevant to you?
Well, I am german and I have no idea. Berlin, Karlsruhe and Sinsheim have 4k laser with 3D. And while the one in Speyer is projecting film, it's IMAX Dome and won't screen Dunkirk.

Dobson wrote:Well, I am german and I have no idea. Berlin, Karlsruhe and Sinsheim have 4k laser with 3D. And while the one in Speyer is projecting film, it's IMAX Dome and won't screen Dunkirk.
Apologies then. As you correctly state it's all laser. However, you won't notice a difference unless you have tried the real thing. We can find solace in that 70mm screenings will be plentiful.

So... is there actually a place in Europe where one can see Dunkirk in IMAX on film? Germany and Holland are out, so how about the rest. I'm wondering because maybe I'd travel to see a film in the format if there's a chance.

LelekPL wrote:So... is there actually a place in Europe where one can see Dunkirk in IMAX on film? Germany and Holland are out, so how about the rest. I'm wondering because maybe I'd travel to see a film in the format if there's a chance.
Nobody knows yet where Dunkirk will be shown on film.

First page of this thread I posted links to lists of the capabilities of all IMAX cinemas. You can look up exactly what capabilities each IMAX cinema in your area has.

In addition, I posted a link to a list of which IMAX theaters got film prints of Dark Knight Rises. This does not mean they will get a film print of Dunkirk.

Here's where I posted those:
http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtop ... 6#p1054045

UK always has and probably always will have several locations who still project film, just depends if you want to cross the sea.

dormouse7 wrote:
LelekPL wrote:So... is there actually a place in Europe where one can see Dunkirk in IMAX on film? Germany and Holland are out, so how about the rest. I'm wondering because maybe I'd travel to see a film in the format if there's a chance.
Nobody knows yet where Dunkirk will be shown on film.

First page of this thread I posted links to lists of the capabilities of all IMAX cinemas. You can look up exactly what capabilities each IMAX cinema in your area has.

In addition, I posted a link to a list of which IMAX theaters got film prints of Dark Knight Rises. This does not mean they will get a film print of Dunkirk.

Here's where I posted those:
http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtop ... 6#p1054045
The lists for the more recent IMAX film releases - Interstellar, BVS, Star Wars TFA - would be more useful. The number of 70mm set ups has decreased a lot since TDKR, and expect the number of prints sent out for Dunkirk to at most be at the level of Interstellar (which was about 40-50, TFA was like 10, BVS was just under 20)

@elemunt, yup - London will have one for sure - either the BFI or Science Museum or both, then Bradford Media Museum, then the Manchester IMAX.

I know. There had been a list of where Interstellar was shown in 70mm but that website link no longer works.