IMAX Locations and Info Thread

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Daphne wrote:So if tickets go on sale June 23, I wonder when we can expect an official list of all the 70mm IMAX screening locations? :think:
You won't get one. Some theaters hold out until the last minute. My theater always confirms this 1-2 weeks before the release date. They've done it on the last 3 Nolan IMAX movies and are saying the same thing this time around.

The closest IMAX to me is a true IMAX and I'm going to be angry if they don't get the 70mm print for this. The list of locations on Reddit has it but that could change closer to release.

Hmm....I recall with Interstellar on the official website seeing a list of the various formats in which to experience it and the locations. So I'm going to assume we'll get the same with Dunkirk, hopefully, eventually! I have to make travel plans to see it so not knowing "where" exactly is driving me nuts lol.

Daphne wrote:Hmm....I recall with Interstellar on the official website seeing a list of the various formats in which to experience it and the locations. So I'm going to assume we'll get the same with Dunkirk, hopefully, eventually! I have to make travel plans to see it so not knowing "where" exactly is driving me nuts lol.
They usually publish an officially unofficial list. By which I mean it's released by WB in promotion for the film but typically extremely incomplete at the time of posting.

-Vader

Can't wait to see this film in 2K CrapMax....

At least we will get a 70mm print later this year.

Also, Brussel isn't that far... For a 4K projection

Nomis wrote:At least we will get a 70mm print later this year.

Also, Brussel isn't that far... For a 4K projection
Brussel aint happening for me, fingers crossed for a 70mm print but even then it won't be IMAX 70mm.

I know I know... They're just too stubborn to make the switch to Laser here... There is an IMAX theater in Arnhem which has Dolby Atmos sound btw. So there's that.

Why make a film in IMAX when so few people can watch it in IMAX? Is it really worth the additional cost?

...something needs to change. I feel for people who won't be able to see it as it should be seen. But, it'll probably be good anyway, so I hope it doesn't discourage anyone from seeing it at all.