IMAX Locations and Info Thread

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
okungnyo wrote:#richardputupapostkateisgoingtobereallyangry
Kate is the marketing manager (of IMAX Melbourne) I believe - not Nolan related at all
Last edited by ChristMAX on June 8th, 2017, 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It is with deep sorrow that we inform you that there is no 1570 IMAX Film release of Dunkirk at the largest IMAX screen here in the Philippines, nor we are looking forward 70mm or 35mm. Which means we have to be contented with the f*cking Digital Versions.

Probable causes:
1. Given that the cost of an IMAX Film Reel is much expensive to operate compared to the Digital Intermediate.

2. SM Mall of Asia IMAX Theater has pulled out their 1570mm IMAX SR Projectors after Interstellar.

3. Because the SM Corporation wants their investment back from the IMAX branches they established all over the country. To an extent that a few of these branches are LieMAXes.

4. Because we are brainwashed by the local media to be contented with Korean Dramas and Recycled Local Romcom Stories.

IMAX was supposed to be a fortress for superior cinematic experiences. Until they realized that from this aesthetic that has given this Canadian firm their place at Cinematic History isn't making bucks. They started to roll out the Fake IMAX Experience. It seems to me that a real IMAX experience remains as a privilage to the few, who are fortunate enough to have these venues that give them something they don't experience everyday. PUNYETA TALAGA.

Oku
ChristMAX wrote:
Kate is the marketing manager I believe - not Nolan related at all
Who is Kate and why is she going to be angry??

And who is Richard and why should he put up a post because she is angry??
Rick Deckard wrote:It is with deep sorrow that we inform you that there is no 1570 IMAX Film release of Dunkirk at the largest IMAX screen here in the Philippines, nor we are looking forward 70mm or 35mm. Which means we have to be contented with the f*cking Digital Versions.

Probable causes:
1. Given that the cost of an IMAX Film Reel is much expensive to operate compared to the Digital Intermediate.

2. SM Mall of Asia IMAX Theater has pulled out their 1570mm IMAX SR Projectors after Interstellar.

3. Because the SM Corporation wants their investment back from the IMAX branches they established all over the country. To an extent that a few of these branches are LieMAXes.

4. Because we are brainwashed by the local media to be contented with Korean Dramas and Recycled Local Romcom Stories.

IMAX was supposed to be a fortress for superior cinematic experiences. Until they realized that from this aesthetic that has given this Canadian firm their place at Cinematic History isn't making bucks. They started to roll out the Fake IMAX Experience. It seems to me that a real IMAX experience remains as a privilage to the few, who are fortunate enough to have these venues that give them something they don't experience everyday. PUNYETA TALAGA.

I feel you.

And guess what?

Consumers are catching on that LieMAX experiences aren't worth the extra ticket price: https://deadline.com/2017/06/imax-share ... 202108846/

This is what happens when you put short-term profits over long-term quality.

IMAX has purposely diluted its brand with LieMAX screens and now it's paying the price.

okungnyo wrote:Who is Kate and why is she going to be angry??

I should clarify, Kate is the marketing manager of IMAX Melbourne (not Dunkirk or anything) - it's an inside joke. As I said, not related to Nolan/Dunkirk at all

Oku
ChristMAX wrote:
okungnyo wrote:Who is Kate and why is she going to be angry??

I should clarify, Kate is the marketing manager of IMAX Melbourne (not Dunkirk or anything) - it's an inside joke. As I said, not related to Nolan/Dunkirk at all
Oh, so you're not sure either??

okungnyo wrote:Oh, so you're not sure either??
Talk about off topic... Richard is the general manager. Kate is the marketing manager. Richard has put something on Facebook when Kate usually does. Kate (presumably) would rather manage the Facebook posts. </end discussion>

Oku
ChristMAX wrote:
okungnyo wrote:Oh, so you're not sure either??
Talk about off topic... Richard is the general manager. Kate is the marketing manager. Richard has put something on Facebook when Kate usually does. Kate (presumably) would rather manage the Facebook posts. </end discussion>
Thanks. :thumbup:

okungnyo wrote:
ChristMAX wrote:
Kate is the marketing manager I believe - not Nolan related at all

Rick Deckard wrote:It is with deep sorrow that we inform you that there is no 1570 IMAX Film release of Dunkirk at the largest IMAX screen here in the Philippines, nor we are looking forward 70mm or 35mm. Which means we have to be contented with the f*cking Digital Versions.

Probable causes:

I feel you.

And guess what?

Consumers are catching on that LieMAX experiences aren't worth the extra ticket price: https://deadline.com/2017/06/imax-share ... 202108846/

IMAX has purposely diluted its brand with LieMAX screens and now it's paying the price.
LieMAX is less of a problem than 3D. IMAX doesn't give enough 2D showtimes. I tend to stick with Regal RPX in 2D. There are a bunch of comments below that article from people complaining about how IMAX keeps pushing the 3D cashgrab.

Oku
redfirebird2008 wrote:
okungnyo wrote:
ChristMAX wrote:Kate is the marketing manager I believe - not Nolan related at all

Probable causes:

I feel you.

And guess what?

LieMAX is less of a problem than 3D. IMAX doesn't give enough 2D showtimes. I tend to stick with Regal RPX in 2D. There are a bunch of comments below that article from people complaining about how IMAX keeps pushing the 3D cashgrab.
Well, I mean true IMAX 70mm screens don't do 3D, right?

So LieMAX can be taken to be an inclusive term that includes 3D.

But yeah, I get what you're saying. :P

Actually there was such a thing as 70mm IMAX in 3D. For instance, Houston's Edwards Marquee giant IMAX was 1570 all the way through the release of TDKR in 2012. Avatar played there in 2009/2010 with 3D in 1570 film. There have also been a lot of 70mm IMAX 3D museum documentaries over time as well.

Now, having said that...2D film IMAX footage is the greatest movie capture quality in the world. Real damn shame that movies like Star Trek Into Darkness had 2D IMAX film footage only to be slathered in crappy post-converted 3D effects.

In general I would agree with you that the 3D push by the IMAX Corporation fits right in with their LieMAX fraud involving smaller screens for the same price as real IMAX. They've diluted the brand from what many of us remember seeing in museums as kids. Gigantic size and crystal clear images. That is what IMAX should be. Nolan has shown them the way by refusing to give up on the original technology. Too bad they can't see the forest for the trees.