IMAX Locations and Info Thread

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Looks like Edwards Ontario switched it over to digital IMAX. Went today and noticed right off the bat that the first shot didn't fill the screen up all the way, so they don't even have Laser digital, just the 2k digital IMAX.

Shame I didn't get to see it in 15/70 there, that screen is indeed humongous! Oh well, still enjoyed the movie :gonf:

Ok, I have finally enjoyed the movie with IMAX laser, in a brand new theater designed and built from scratch.

First of all, I was expecting a beautiful white screen, instead I found the same silver screen of non laser imax, what a pity!

Projection was very good, only issue other than the silver screen, there were security lights projecting a light cone in in both corners.

Audio was good but obviosly inferior to Sala Energia (biggest Dolby Atmos installation on earth)

hotsauce32 wrote:Looks like Edwards Ontario switched it over to digital IMAX. Went today and noticed right off the bat that the first shot didn't fill the screen up all the way, so they don't even have Laser digital, just the 2k digital IMAX.

Shame I didn't get to see it in 15/70 there, that screen is indeed humongous! Oh well, still enjoyed the movie :gonf:
Just checked Fandango and the tickets are for digital IMAX. Guessing they switched it because they are also playing Inhumans in digital IMAX. Easier for them to switch between the two movies in the same format. Honestly surprised they are still playing Dunkirk.

dear god, the thumbnail alone makes me hard - thank you, sir!
edit: something I noticed though
is the person walking around in the background, at the top right of Hardy's face supposed to be there?

Nomis wrote:
User of Interest wrote:I'm not sure if I did this correctly, but if I did, you're welcome:
Looks like digi-IMAX no?
I don’t care, I got to see the burning Spitfire again, and it brought a tear to my eye.
I’ve seen it in theatres 4 times and I can’t get over that image!

Gotham
New York City. The nickname was popularized by Washington Irving and others in Salmagundi, a series of satirical sketches (1807-1808).

The Gotham typeface was created in 2000 but similar sans serif fonts were very popular in the 1940's. Sans serif fonts are also know as gothic fonts, so the name Gotham may relate more to that than to New York City or Batman's Gotham.

So NAvy Pier is open now? I saw them listed as one of the very few IMAX theaters to show Blade Runner yesterday. Did anyone from Chi go?

SINCEPTION wrote:So NAvy Pier is open now? I saw them listed as one of the very few IMAX theaters to show Blade Runner yesterday. Did anyone from Chi go?
Sadly I wasn't able to make it. (although I did host a screening party for the 4K UHD last weekend in my home theater)

I saw It there, though.

-Vader