IMAX Locations and Info Thread

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Geoffrey wrote:What's the resolution?
4K.

Nomis wrote:AAAAAA

Dunkirk is coming to Amsterdam in 70mm, August 16th!
Just bought my tickets!

I do have a few questions though :P hope you (or someone else) is able to answer:

- I take it this is in non-IMAX format (so lesser screen/audio quality?)
- Wasn't able to select my seats, this normal for Eye? At Pathe I'm always ablebto select my seats.
- are the seats all at the same height or just like at Pathe each row is a bit higher than the row before it?
- This better than IMAX at Pathe?

Minst wrote:

Just bought my tickets!

I do have a few questions though :P hope you (or someone else) is able to answer:

- Wasn't able to select my seats, this normal for Eye? At Pathe I'm always ablebto select my seats.
- are the seats all at the same height or just like at Pathe each row is a bit higher than the row before it?
1: 70mm. There is no 70mmIMAX in The Netherlands. The only projection which is better is 70mm/IMAX.
2: Affirmative.
3. Affirmative.
4. Affirmative.

Minst wrote:Just bought my tickets!
If I were you I'd go see it in IMAX also, just because the sound is usually very loud and always fits Nolan's movies IMO, the screen is also very big so it might be more immersive, I know Interstellar was regardless of the lower resolution.

Got my 70mm ticket! :D :twothumbsup: :D :twothumbsup: :D :twothumbsup: :D

Congrats! 2001 and Dunkirk :o You are lucky af.

Thanks! I certainly realize that. Definitely going to see 2001 in 70mm again! Dunkirk in 70mm will probably be multiple viewings too lol

See it/them for all of us who can't lol.

I accept that challenge.

Nomis wrote:
Minst wrote:

Just bought my tickets!

1: 70mm. There is no 70mmIMAX in The Netherlands. The only projection which is better is 70mm/IMAX.
2: Affirmative.
3. Affirmative.
4. Affirmative.
Regarding #3, affirmative as in seats are all at the same height or different heights like Pathe :P
Sound quality any good btw? I need that Zimmer track in my veins! Think I'll go see it in IMAX and then 70mm anyway.