IMAX Locations and Info Thread

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Thanks for posting it! I checked Fandango twice today before Dunkirk was up.

Friday the 21st at 12.45, London BFI IMAX, here we come!

I'm probably also seeing this in Ultra Laser (Dolby Atmos) although it doesn't have a 1.90 aspect ratio, the projection should be pretty good no? Is it actually a 4K projection, anybody who knows?

Nomis wrote:I'm probably also seeing this in Ultra Laser (Dolby Atmos) although it doesn't have a 1.90 aspect ratio, the projection should be pretty good no? Is it actually a 4K projection, anybody who knows?
If no IMAX laser and no Dolby Cinema is available, I'd recommend to go to a good quality Cinema using Sony projector and, if possibile, a white screen.

look, this is what I'm gonna do

first viewing will be digi-IMAX (yes 2K, yes 1.90 aspect ratio). Second will probably be Kinepolis' Ultra Laser Dolby Atmos screen. Third will hopefully be Kinepolis Brussel 4K 1.44 aspect ratio. Hope that has Dolby Atmos too.

But I wonder how exactly the Ultra Laser thing works...

Anton - Business Insider quoting your article:
There are 6 different ways to watch 'Dunkirk' — here's the best way to see it
http://www.businessinsider.com/dunkirk- ... -it-2017-7

---

Christopher Nolan’s Dunkirk Will Get the Biggest 70 mm Release in 25 Years
http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/201 ... _1992.html
Christopher Nolan is one of the movie industry’s last champions of shooting on actual film, and once again, he’s extending that dedication to his new movie’s release. Warner Bros. announced today that 125 theaters will be projecting Nolan’s Dunkirk from 70 mm celluloid prints. That would represent the biggest 70 mm release since 1992’s Far and Away, the last major studio film to be released in the format.
Last edited by dormouse7 on July 7th, 2017, 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nomis wrote:look, this is what I'm gonna do

first viewing will be digi-IMAX (yes 2K, yes 1.90 aspect ratio). Second will probably be Kinepolis' Ultra Laser Dolby Atmos screen. Third will hopefully be Kinepolis Brussel 4K 1.44 aspect ratio. Hope that has Dolby Atmos too.

I guess ultra laser will be just showing the regular 4K DCP with Atmos audio through their projectors. This is different from Dolby which will do an HDR remaster of the 4K DCP.

I've got three options:

1- Go to Bahrain (2 hour drive / 4 hour roundtrip) once a week, IMAX Digital + ATMOS, save money, get books and soundtrack, etc...

2- Go to Kuwait (4 hour drive) stay a few days at family's house, IMAX Digital (never been there and not sure if it's as big as the one in Bahrain) + ATMOS + 4DX

3- put all of my money in and go to Dubai, stay 4 nights, IMAX Laser + IMAX Digital + ATMOS + 4DX
I thought about driving to Dubai but I'm definitely not driving 9 hours by myself and I've got no one to go with.
4- I could've drove to Qatar (a 4 hour drive), IMAX Laser + IMAX Digital + ATMOS + 4DX
But that's not possible due to politics. Shitty timing.
Help me choose!
Last edited by Tarssauce on July 7th, 2017, 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

antovolk wrote:
Nomis wrote:look, this is what I'm gonna do

I guess ultra laser will be just showing the regular 4K DCP with Atmos audio through their projectors. This is different from Dolby which will do an HDR remaster of the 4K DCP.
So there are also Dolby theaters? Or does the 4K IMAX do HDR too?

Nomis wrote: So there are also Dolby theaters? Or does the 4K IMAX do HDR too?
Well Dolby Vision - that's what I meant. There are special Dolby Cinema theatres too in Europe and some parts of the U.S.

IMAX doesn't do HDR, no. Only a special DMR thing for 35mm footage. But because all of this was filmed on 70mm anwyay, it shouldn't have the DMR