IMAX Locations and Info Thread

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
:gonf:

So I am just slightly confused on this...the 4 locations in Chicago that are getting the 70MM, are all 4 of these getting the IMAX 70MM Film (not digital)?

Elyk988 wrote:So I am just slightly confused on this...the 4 locations in Chicago that are getting the 70MM, are all 4 of these getting the IMAX 70MM Film (not digital)?
yes, I think

The Music Box isn't IMAX for sure

Not sure about the others

Elyk988 wrote:So I am just slightly confused on this...the 4 locations in Chicago that are getting the 70MM, are all 4 of these getting the IMAX 70MM Film (not digital)?
No, they are not IMAX. They are regular 70mm film projection. Much wider aspect ratio but also much shorter screen height. Image quality not as strong as 15/70 IMAX and arguably not as strong as Laser IMAX, but still better than your typical 2k or 4k digital projection in a regular theater.

Those theaters don't have IMAX, the only theaters that have the REAL IMAX in Chicago are Navy Pier and Lincolnshire.

I'm wondering if the IMAX 70mm prints for this will have trailers before the movie. The ones for Interstellar didn't but that's because the film was too long. Dunkirk is a full hour shorter.

StarWarsIsAwesome123 wrote:I'm wondering if the IMAX 70mm prints for this will have trailers before the movie. The ones for Interstellar didn't but that's because the film was too long. Dunkirk is a full hour shorter.
Probably not.

Dual 70mm + digital theatres will prob play ads and trailers though in digital. The BFI IMAX here always does.

Oku
You mean they use the digital projector to play ads, and then switch to the film projector when it's time for the film to start?

Is it that easy to switch back and forth between the two?

okungnyo wrote:You mean they use the digital projector to play ads, and then switch to the film projector when it's time for the film to start?

Is it that easy to switch back and forth between the two?
Correct.

With the rail system that some theatres have, yeah.