DVD/Blu-ray Release

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Did they even show Hans?

(having watched this a long time ago)

Oku
Yeah, he shows up near the end for a bit

Willem wrote:Finally sitting down to watch the special features on the Blu-Ray. So impressive! Really interesting how they pulled off all these things.
Sitting down to watch those tonight. Cannot wait!

Finally seen Dunkirk on home video. Chose to wait until I got to watch it on a 4K blu-ray.

The movie is still fantastic, and I noticed even more details regarding the different timelines which was really fun.

Not the great 4K/HDR experience I was hoping for though. The brightness and colors has been mixed to look grittier and more contrasted, so I don't fully agree in the statement that this is a reference disk for HDR. I'd mutch rather use Planet Earth 2 for that. For sound systems though? Fuck yeah.

And my god did the beach scenes look fucking stunning in the 16:9 format. Although the shift in aspect ratio was not so convenient in this compared to the others, because the same scene could often switch in between much more than compared to TDK where it's usually outdoor scenes on IMAX and indoor/closeups on film.

Would I rather see the whole thing in 16:9? Maybe. With a technical surgery like Dunkirk is, I just thought it added to the immersion.

We also watched some Blue Planet 2. And fuck my ass. It was like seeing colors for the first time.

basically me

After watching the bonus features like three times I thought to myself they could have showed us a bit more. Still very interesting to watch, but after watching closely the production of the film there wasnt anything new really. Was expecting a bit more of the aerial scene, but I was actually pretty surprised by the water features, especially the bomber crashing or the spitfire shooting on the water.

Collector03601 wrote:
January 30th, 2018, 4:23 am
After watching the bonus features like three times I thought to myself they could have showed us a bit more. Still very interesting to watch, but after watching closely the production of the film there wasnt anything new really. Was expecting a bit more of the aerial scene, but I was actually pretty surprised by the water features, especially the bomber crashing or the spitfire shooting on the water.
Sort of agree. This one was weaker compared to Interstellar, Inception, and TDK Trilogy but there wasn't as much to show with Dunkirk compared to those movies. I would have like to see them go into the score process a little bit more but I was ok with everything else.

bootsy wrote:
January 30th, 2018, 4:44 pm
Collector03601 wrote:
January 30th, 2018, 4:23 am
Sort of agree. This one was weaker compared to Interstellar, Inception, and TDK Trilogy but there wasn't as much to show with Dunkirk compared to those movies. I would have like to see them go into the score process a little bit more but I was ok with everything else.
Definitelly, would love to see more details of the sound design too, replicating stukas, recording boat engines and then the sound dept. working with Zimmer. I guess Nolan doesnt want to show us all the magic tricks :)

Collector03601 wrote:
January 31st, 2018, 9:55 am
I guess Nolan doesnt want to show us all the magic tricks :)
Exactly. Every great magic trick consists of three parts. Not four :)

The ultimate collectors edition from BluFans China:

Collector03601 wrote:
February 1st, 2018, 4:49 am
The ultimate collectors edition from BluFans China: