DVD/Blu-ray Release

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Interstellar opened in cinemas - November 4, 2014
Interstellar on home video - March 31, 2015
(so a 5 month wait for home video)

Can we possibly hope for home video of Dunkirk in time for 2017 holiday season?

Absolutely. The turnaround is faster now than it ever was. Logan and Get Out released like 2-3 months after their theatrical debuts. Same with Fate of the Furious. It's different times now, I guess.

dormouse7 wrote:Interstellar opened in cinemas - November 4, 2014
Interstellar on home video - March 31, 2015
(so a 5 month wait for home video)

Can we possibly hope for home video of Dunkirk in time for 2017 holiday season?
Absolutely, count on it. I think November is most likely.

Great. So now, can someone make my husband buy a big flatscreen TV w/ HDMI (and upgrade our AV receiver/player to match) by holiday season 2017? We have a 37"-ish tube TV that is nearly immovable and also will not die.

dormouse7 wrote:Great. So now, can someone make my husband buy a big flatscreen TV w/ HDMI (and upgrade our AV receiver/player to match) by holiday season 2017? We have a 37"-ish tube TV that is nearly immovable and also will not die.
They cost like $500 now. You two seriously need an upgrade.

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
dormouse7 wrote:Great. So now, can someone make my husband buy a big flatscreen TV w/ HDMI (and upgrade our AV receiver/player to match) by holiday season 2017? We have a 37"-ish tube TV that is nearly immovable and also will not die.
They cost like $500 now. You two seriously need an upgrade.
We would have to upgrade almost everything. TV->flatscreen, AV receiver->one that supports current HDMI, DVD player/recorder->Bluray player/recorder, TV/AV stand/cabinet to one that can handle a wider screen (current cabinet is high on one side for cabinet, and low on other for TV). Hopefully our Dolby speaker setup would still be fine.

I think it’s a safe bet that the aspect ratio will expand to 1.90:1 during the IMAX filmed shots, just like TDK, TDKR, and Interstellar, especially now that 70% was shot in IMAX.

I’m really hoping they’ll do the same thing they did with Interstellar and include a frame off the 15/70mm print, that was one of the most unique things ever done for a home media release.

I hope so too.
Thank goodness there's a 1.43:1 DCP. I hope they use to create the 1.78:1 BD instead of cropping the 1.90:1 like they did on on Interstellar.

Oku
What do you mean?

Nicewatch wrote:I think it’s a safe bet that the aspect ratio will expand to 1.90:1 during the IMAX filmed shots, just like TDK, TDKR, and Interstellar, especially now that 70% was shot in IMAX.

I’m really hoping they’ll do the same thing they did with Interstellar and include a frame off the 15/70mm print, that was one of the most unique things ever done for a home media release.
This, this, and this. I just hope they're a little more picky about which shots they include and I don't have to resort to eBay like I did with Interstellar. But it was fun seeing which frames people got.