DVD/Blu-ray Release

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
okungnyo wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't all of his releases center-cropped?
If that's the case, then there is your answer as to why I will never go digital copy.

Do you want to know what center cropping gets you versus custom cropping?

And that's just two offensive examples.

Still haven't seen it on Blu Ray, wanted to wait until I got the best experience possible. Yesterday a friend of mine with an OLED TV and a $2,5k sound system bought it on 4K-Blu Ray, so hopefully I get to watch it soon.

Sanchez wrote:Still haven't seen it on Blu Ray, wanted to wait until I got the best experience possible. Yesterday a friend of mine with an OLED TV and a $2,5k sound system bought it on 4K-Blu Ray, so hopefully I get to watch it soon.
Better hope the system is calibrated (both video and audio).

Oku
Make sure to turn on motion smoothing for maximum cinematic experience. ;)

Oku wrote:Make sure to turn on motion smoothing for maximum cinematic experience. ;)
I hope that's for 24 FPS playback and not 120 FPS.

Oku
Motion interpolation.

Oku wrote:Motion interpolation.
Motion interpolation means prediction/creation of frames between already existing frames, so I guess you're referring to 120 FPS.

That is not a cinematic experience at all, that just makes it look like a soap opera. I would rather have motion judder than that. 24 FPS (or more specifically, 23.976 FPS) is true cinematic motion. I hope the OLED has something like that as well (though OLED's do not do motion like plasma panels and projectors do anyway).

Turn it off. It's an abomination.

AhmadAli95 wrote:Turn it off. It's an abomination.