DVD/Blu-ray Release

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Hustler wrote:That actually made me realize... If I get the 4K edition but don't have a 4K player, are all those special features then unwatchable for me if they're packed onto the 4K disc and not the standard Blu-ray?
Special features are usually on the BR disc.

yes indeed i hope so if they gonna do it that way we'll get maybe the finest looking movie on blu ray ever because first of all the aquisition format is the best ever and the second thing with the higher bitrate considering the length

What's the fuss about? It has been confirmed already that the standard Blu-ray will have two BD discs:
1. Feature film
2. Bonus Features
+ DVD (US)

So I think it's safe to say that the UHD copies will have the following:
1. Feature film (4K UHD BD)
2. Feature film (regular 1080p BD)
3. Bonus Features (Regular 1080p BD)

so ahmed what do you think about the blu ray bitrate if they gonna put the movie alone in a blu ray :oops:

I think they are aiming for a high bitrate encode. They could've have included the special features with the movie but they decided to make it a two disc release (Nolan's power of course).
I'm sure it will be a stellar transfer/encode.

So, this Blu-ray is the most interesting one to preorder in the UK? Just being sure before i preorder.

Yes. It is the best one too (internationally). I'm getting the US steelbook in addition to this one, but I prefer this one over it. Shame they chose lame posters for the steel and there's no US 4K steelbook yet.

Will be getting both for sure, but Im placing my bets on the two chinese exclusive steelbooks announced by BluFans and Manta Lab. Both will have different artwork from the worldwide steelbook so Im really hoping for a spitfire themed one (that Collins poster!)

From Amazon:

Will there be a Mastered in 4K 1080p blu-ray?