DVD/Blu-ray Release

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Oku
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
Oku wrote:Sorry...I made the joke because I thought that it was common knowledge that motion interpolation is widely hated.

Link to the YouTube video?
It was for my last year's class on my math channel. I have since removed it since it wasn't pertaining to math and that school year is over, but since my students were subscribed to it that's what I made it on.
Re-upload it!!

Oku wrote:Re-upload it!!
I might. It's on my camera I use for softball videos and we're already in-preseason so that's with my equipment, so the next time I have a chance to grab the SD card I might privately upload it for you guys.

Anyway, great HT moment for me during the opening scene. This is how much my house shakes when the first bullets penetrate the fence. This game is called Watch the Clock (slowed to 25% original speed).

And yes, I used the original Blu-ray for this footage for the FB crowd to enjoy the 1.78:1 look.

Oh, and look at that beautiful filmic flicker from 23.976 FPS motion. ;)

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
I might. It's on my camera I use for softball videos and we're already in-preseason so that's with my equipment, so the next time I have a chance to grab the SD card I might privately upload it for you guys.

Anyway, great HT moment for me during the opening scene. This is how much my house shakes when the first bullets penetrate the fence. This game is called Watch the Clock (slowed to 25% original speed).
I know what you mean, my tactile bass transducer nearly overheats 10 minutes into Dunkirk every time I watch it, and it never gets that hot otherwise.

Oku
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:

And yes, I used the original Blu-ray for this footage for the FB crowd to enjoy the 1.78:1 look.

Oh, and look at that beautiful filmic flicker from 23.976 FPS motion. ;)
What is HT?

Didn't you share this with us already?? I remember your bringing up that clock too.

What do you mean "for the FB crowd to enjoy the 1.78:1 look"?

And what do you mean "beautiful filmic flicker from 23.976 FPS motion"?

Oku wrote:What is HT?

Didn't you share this with us already?? I remember your bringing up that clock too.

HT = home theater

I shared one for War of the Worlds. This one is different.

I think if I used my 2.20:1 cropped Blu-ray, it wouldn't have had the same visual impact with the clock. It's just a small thing. For good measure, yes I would prefer seeing the 1.78:1 IMAX shots than 2.20:1... if they did not change aspect ratios the rest of the way. Because it changes, I'd rather stick with the other version. But for just one shot and no changes? Let's go big, baby!

I recorded this at 60 FPS with my camera and slowed it down, which means it will capture every flicker on my television that it can. With Nolan shooting on film, it shows up as a more prevalent thing than than ever. Basically, if I recorded this with 120 FPS, I wouldn't get any of that flicker. It would just show image, and that's not very film-like to me.

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:

HT = home theater
no ht = hot topic don't lie to the users

nelson season 2 wrote:
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:

HT = home theater
no ht = hot topic don't lie to the users

Finally sitting down to watch the special features on the Blu-Ray. So impressive! Really interesting how they pulled off all these things.

The special features were disappointing. Only two hours and they focused more on the "Dunkirk spirit" and less on the music than I would've liked. They also totally fail to show anything regarding Zimmer's scrapped score which would have been extremely interesting to see.

Oku
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:

HT = home theater

I shared one for War of the Worlds. This one is different.

I think if I used my 2.20:1 cropped Blu-ray, it wouldn't have had the same visual impact with the clock. It's just a small thing. For good measure, yes I would prefer seeing the 1.78:1 IMAX shots than 2.20:1... if they did not change aspect ratios the rest of the way. Because it changes, I'd rather stick with the other version. But for just one shot and no changes? Let's go big, baby!

I recorded this at 60 FPS with my camera and slowed it down, which means it will capture every flicker on my television that it can. With Nolan shooting on film, it shows up as a more prevalent thing than than ever. Basically, if I recorded this with 120 FPS, I wouldn't get any of that flicker. It would just show image, and that's not very film-like to me.
I see, thanks.
Geoffrey wrote:The special features were disappointing. Only two hours and they focused more on the "Dunkirk spirit" and less on the music than I would've liked. They also totally fail to show anything regarding Zimmer's scrapped score which would have been extremely interesting to see.
I have to agree that it was a bit too fluffy and sanitized.

A glimpse into the scrapped score would have been great.