DVD/Blu-ray Release

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Oku
Goodness, guys/gals, I was joking!! :lol:

Motion smoothing/interpolation is widely condemned for its 'soap opera effect'!

Why would you be joking to somebody who has been holding off their home video release for three weeks to maximize their experience, thereby un-maximizing said experience?

he posted a winky face with his comment

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:he posted a winky face with his comment
For someone who was kidding around (still, I'm asking why he would joke to something Sanchez might actually take into consideration), he sure carried it over to his next post very seriously.

I didn't even know that face was a wink. It just looks like Katrina De Voort from Juno.

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:he posted a winky face with his comment
For someone who was kidding around (still, I'm asking why he would joke to something Sanchez might actually take into consideration), he sure carried it over to his next post very seriously.

I didn't even know that face was a wink. It just looks like Katrina De Voort from Juno.

Most people know "smooth motion", "motion Interpolation", or whatever else it may be called, is terrible. It's basically universally condemned. Also, all other forms of image alteration should be turned off, like noise reduction.

^ Oh, you'd be amazed...

Oku
OK, are you joking now or??

Because I was joking in both posts.

Oku wrote:OK, are you joking now or??

Because I was joking in both posts.
I think we've established that you were joking, I have mentioned that twice now and have asked another question since then. What if he follows what you say?

I was being serious about what I said regarding calibration. Then you follow up with a post providing contradictory information. Whether it was a joke or not, are you seriously willing to take that risk of having him follow it?

This is the one film where we all have to be incredibly cautious on how we ask our fellow brethren to watch this film. I made a YouTube video for all of my students explaining why Dunkirk is best to be experienced for the first time in 70mm IMAX. Sanchez literally just mentioned that he held off seeing it this long so he could maximize his experience.

And then you go off winking at the possibility of him suggesting they watch it like they would a soap? I had to debunk that immediately. On that note, if the OLED has an option for cinematic motion (24 FPS) combined with the UHD player settings, then he should seek that option right away.

Oku
Sorry...I made the joke because I thought that it was common knowledge that motion interpolation is widely hated.

Link to the YouTube video?

Oku wrote:Sorry...I made the joke because I thought that it was common knowledge that motion interpolation is widely hated.

Link to the YouTube video?
It was for my last year's class on my math channel. I have since removed it since it wasn't pertaining to math and that school year is over, but since my students were subscribed to it that's what I made it on.