DVD/Blu-ray Release

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Bacon wrote:I don't know whether to get it on Blu-Ray or 4K. I don't plan on getting a 4K TV for quite a while but I hate paying to upgrade movies I own.
4k Blu's generally come with 4k disc, 1080p disc, special features, and a digital copy - for only a few dollars more

worth it, to me - what i did for La La Land to future proof

Do the bonus features come on a 4K disc though and I wouldn't be able to run it?

When I bought Interstellar (my first blu-ray) I had that issue but I knew I would be getting a Blu-Ray player a few months from then.

Bacon wrote:Do the bonus features come on a 4K disc though and I wouldn't be able to run it?

When I bought Interstellar (my first blu-ray) I had that issue but I knew I would be getting a Blu-Ray player a few months from then.
I guess it's not cleat 100% yet but for now it seems the extras will be on HD bluray, I think it's only the movie is on UHD 4K

When will it be released on digital media?

Spiderman: Homecoming just got released on digital media.

Came across this:

Seems legit and might give us an time frame on when the BDs will drop. Obviously dates for the States and UK will probably be different. Also, UHD BDs for TDK triology, Inception and Interstellar are available to pre-order on Amazon Germany with a release date of December 6.

Am I the only one who is worried that they won't include the prologue on BD?

Oku
I wonder why The Dark Knight Rises' release date is two weeks later than Batman Begins and The Dark Knight?

And yeah, I lean towards the prologue not being included on the Blu-ray, because it has so many shots and lines of dialogue that are different from the final film.

That breaks the illusion, so to speak, which is why Mr. Nolan doesn't do commentary tracks or deleted scenes either.

I'm somewhat optimistic he will do a commentary track for this one.

Wait, November? That's too far away. :(

Don't think there's any altered dialogue in the prologue just shortened. They did cheat a bit with one or two shots, and they did flip one shot. That's about it. I want it because it's not a direct extract of the movie. It has its unique pacing and music. I'm worried they might not include as it was an IMAX exclusive (they did show it trucks tho), just like how they didn't include the IMAX exclusive trailer for Interstellar.

The release date was expected. Interstellar BD came out 5 months after its theatrical release. So Nov/Dec max is the expected release date, nothing sooner unless they decide to release it first in the us + early digital release (doubt it tho).