DVD/Blu-ray Release

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
I'm over that criticism tbh. If you cannot connect to people/characters who are facing death and are running for their lives then something's wrong imo.
When you see footage of people running away from a tsunami (for example) you put yourself in their shoes and hope for their safety, you don't need to know anything about them or their lives to empathize with them.

Anyway, I respect their opinions. Nolan's approach didn't work for them but it did for me.

Dont know why are they even trying to connect with the characters...

Connect with the geography..
connect with the situation..
Connect with the process :facepalm: :facepalm:

What I connected with were the moments such as the look on Kenneth Branagh's face when the small ships come in, and when the music swells up when the small ships and the civilians come to the rescue - and the cheers of the soldiers - and even the small touch where Nolan has the horns go off when everyone is cheering during this moment. And, when Tom Hardy shoots down the last enemy plane and the look on Kenneth Branagh's face again - and all the soldiers cheering again. And, the closing moments of the film with the speech being read - all of these things are very emotional - because they also work for me as a symbol for hope and never giving up - so, I'm in the camp that says, "how can one not be touched or moved by this film?" Because, different things move different people.

Anyhow, my intent was not to open up a discussion on the blu-ray.com reviewer's personal opinion of the film, but just glad to see it got 5/5 for both Video and Sound!!! And, by the way - Nolan did not want his film to be compared to Spielberg's, yet this reviewer did it anyway!

dsus4gtr wrote:Nolan did not want his film to be compared to Spielberg's, yet this reviewer did it anyway!
Just about every war movie that has come out in the last 20 years has been compared to it, particularly when discussing how battle sequences are filmed. It's inevitable.

This has to be the worst Nolan release WB has done. The extras are sparse and not very revealing. It’s just one long “for your consideration “ featurette. It could’ve been done so much better. And packing a disk on top of a disk? Jesus WB can’t even manufacture DVDs right these days. What a disappointment for a great film.

okungnyo wrote:
Bacon wrote:The discs are stacked. :facepalm: :facepalm:
Because of scratches and harm to longevity, I'm assuming?
Yeah. Makes me mad. I got the steelbook because that's the only release without stacked discs.

Ummm... anyone else having trouble getting the collection? I preordered three weeks ago on Amazon, and it just says "arriving today by 8pm." Except... it hasn't even shipped out yet. Their page shows it's temporarily out of stock. It's not available on Best Buy's site either, nor is there even a single store in my state that's showing it available. But it's ok, a bunch of nobody cock jockeys on YouTube get sent a copy for their whopping 1,000 views. Combined with the shitty packaging, this has been a disappointment.

Hustler wrote:Ummm... anyone else having trouble getting the collection? I preordered three weeks ago on Amazon, and it just says "arriving today by 8pm." Except... it hasn't even shipped out yet. Their page shows it's temporarily out of stock. It's not available on Best Buy's site either, nor is there even a single store in my state that's showing it available. But it's ok, a bunch of nobody cock jockeys on YouTube get sent a copy for their whopping 1,000 views. Combined with the shitty packaging, this has been a disappointment.
Amazon says it hasn't shipped for me either, says it will arrive Dec. 20 - 22 on one page, then on a different page says it will arrive Friday.

Fuck sakes, I better get it before Friday, I want to watch it on my new 4K Blu-ray player I'm getting for Christmas. :evil:

Damn, this movie is beautiful. Finished the whole thing in one push, almost immediately started it again.
Watching it with a buttkicker bass transducer is amazing. Having that thing turned up when the spitfires fly by in formation. :o :twothumbsup: The transducer almost overheated about 20 minutes in because it was so epic.

Hustler wrote:Ummm... anyone else having trouble getting the collection? I preordered three weeks ago on Amazon, and it just says "arriving today by 8pm." Except... it hasn't even shipped out yet. Their page shows it's temporarily out of stock. It's not available on Best Buy's site either, nor is there even a single store in my state that's showing it available. But it's ok, a bunch of nobody cock jockeys on YouTube get sent a copy for their whopping 1,000 views. Combined with the shitty packaging, this has been a disappointment.
Similarly, the HD blu-ray of Dunkirk is "temporarily out of stock" as well – only the 4K blu-ray is available. Other films with simultaneous release of 4K and HD blu-ray don't have this problem (e.g. Logan Lucky, Despicable Me 3, The Hitman's Bodyguard).

What a joke, WB.