Trailer #2

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Ruth wrote:
Darkline wrote:Styles stood out more than him, but then again, I suppose it can't be helped: he's more used to commanding the attention of the audience. It must come naturally to him.
that's kind of bullshit though, because his presence wasn't that different from the remaining main cast. We just notice him immediately, because the majority of us, willingly or not, have been exposed to him quite a lot over the last 5 years or so. Fionn has the disadvantage of being a complete newb, other than that, he was absolutely alright. Neither stood out more than the other, both lacked personal stories, okay. Branagh and Murphy stood out tho.
Maybe that's it. I guess I also expected more from Fionn, since Nolan must have a good reason to cast such a newbie. Anyway, both Fionn and Harry lacked personal stories in this trailer. Coupled with the lack of lines, it was obviously hard for them to make a great impact. Hopefully the next trailer will rectify that.

How accurate/historical are those "we surround you" fliers dropping in to town?

Location: You'll find me in the region of the summer stars✶*¨*✫
Ruth wrote:
Darkline wrote:Styles stood out more than him, but then again, I suppose it can't be helped: he's more used to commanding the attention of the audience. It must come naturally to him.
that's kind of bullshit though, because his presence wasn't that different from the remaining main cast. We just notice him immediately, because the majority of us, willingly or not, have been exposed to him quite a lot over the last 5 years or so. Fionn has the disadvantage of being a complete newb, other than that, he was absolutely alright. Neither stood out more than the other, both lacked personal stories, okay. Branagh and Murphy stood out tho.
Aside from the fact that Harry's drowning (I hesitate to call it that) scene looks to have been very well acted, I agree. We only notice him because we know him. I am here for Harry all day but I'm very excited to see the other young leads, I wish TomGC and Barry had been in the trailer more.
He's so positive, I like him :)

Chrolan wrote:How accurate/historical are those "we surround you" fliers dropping in to town?
Idk about Dunkirk specifically, but airborne flyer propaganda was quite a thing in ww2 (and afterwards), it was used by both allies and axis

Chrolan wrote:How accurate/historical are those "we surround you" fliers dropping in to town?
100%

Ruth wrote:
Idk about Dunkirk specifically, but airborne flyer propaganda was quite a thing in ww2 (and afterwards), it was used by both allies and axis
Thanks, yes, I'm wondering specifically about Dunkirk and if any of those are around to look at.

Original vs. Dunkirk version:

Watched this again, finally on my 70" TV with surround sound.. Then that's when it hit me. The sound and music in this is glorious. And it looks incredible. Hype meter way up.

dunkirktrash wrote: I know that there are a lot of young adult fans like myself, but I'm still kinda scared too many young girls are gonna go to the cinema and ruin the experience for me. This is my ultimate favourite kind of film and I'd hate to miss parts of it
See the film in IMAX if you can (and sit at the back). IMAX is how Nolan intends people to see the movie and it is also the least likely to have a swarm of fangirls ruining the show.

The more often I watch the trailer, the more I like it. I'm especially happy about the use of 70mm film in addition to IMAX, because 35mm anamorphic always looked wildly different with it's image distortion, vignette, stretched background, oval bokeh, lens flares and more grain. 35mm anamorphic has it's own stilistic merits, but 70mm with spherical lenses just cuts so much better with IMAX. He should've used that sooner.