Box Office

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Oku
dunkirktrash wrote:The two main showings (5.30 PM and 8 PM respectively) on opening day in the only IMAX in Argentina. White is empty seat, grey is reserved:
It's still early days and a ticket to the cinema here costs a good buck, but I think it's doing well?
Curious, do you live there or are you just there temporarily?

How do you speak English so gud?

Do you speak Spanish as well?

okungnyo wrote:
dunkirktrash wrote:The two main showings (5.30 PM and 8 PM respectively) on opening day in the only IMAX in Argentina. White is empty seat, grey is reserved:
It's still early days and a ticket to the cinema here costs a good buck, but I think it's doing well?
Curious, do you live there or are you just there temporarily?

How do you speak English so gud?

Do you speak Spanish as well?
Creeper

Oku
I ask because Dunkirktrash/dunkirktrash frequently says things like "costs a good buck" that a second-language speaker would never say, but she lives in Argentina and not the U.S., so that makes me curious.

I'm from Australia, mate (lol). My family is from Argentina and they moved to Brisbane before I was born. I speak both Spanish and English fluently. I have issues with verb conjugation in Spanish sometimes and with prepositions in English, probs cos I kept moving when I was a kid (we moved back and forth a few times) so my core education was inconsistent.

Con respecto a tu segunda pregunta, sí, hablo español. Pero mi español es argentinizado, no el español que la mayoría del mundo habla.

:)

dunkirktrash wrote:I'm from Australia, mate (lol). My family is from Argentina and they moved to Brisbane before I was born. I speak both Spanish and English fluently. I have issues with verb conjugation in Spanish sometimes and with prepositions in English, probs cos I kept moving when I was a kid (we moved back and forth a few times) so my core education was inconsistent.

Con respecto a tu segunda pregunta, sí, hablo español. Pero mi español es argentinizado, no el español que la mayoría del mundo habla.

Pero acá podemos entender todo tipo de acento, jaja!

Oku
dunkirktrash wrote:I'm from Australia, mate (lol). My family is from Argentina and they moved to Brisbane before I was born. I speak both Spanish and English fluently. I have issues with verb conjugation in Spanish sometimes and with prepositions in English, probs cos I kept moving when I was a kid (we moved back and forth a few times) so my core education was inconsistent.

Cool, thanks. :thumbup:

natalie wrote:

Pero acá podemos entender todo tipo de acento, jaja!
Aaah! España o Latinoamérica? un gusto! Jajajaja

Yo i live is brisbane too:) .Dunkirk did 4.7 million here whilst interstellar did 3.6 million opening weekend.

Oku
So now that Dunkirk--a WWII film not about America and no leading stars--made $50 million opening weekend thanks to WB's good marketing of Mr. Nolan's name and such, do y'all think that Interstellar would have also done better (i.e. not lost to Big Hero 6) if WB had been the distributor instead of Paramount?

okungnyo wrote:So now that Dunkirk--a WWII film not about America and no leading stars--made $50 million opening weekend thanks to WB's good marketing of Mr. Nolan's name and such, do y'all think that Interstellar would have also done better (i.e. not lost to Big Hero 6) if WB had been the distributor instead of Paramount?
Probably not. It was going up against a family film and got much more divisive reviews.