Box Office

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Oku
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
okungnyo wrote:
Master Virgo wrote:I wasn't very excited to see him tackle Bond, but listening to that interview changed my mind. He was enthusiastic and seemed rather prepared to do something special with the material, given the chance.

Hopefully Craig's final film fails big time so that Babs comes begging Nolan to take the helm. lol

£
Who or what is 'Babs'??
Barbara Broccoli, the main producer behind the Bond films.
Thanks.

redfirebird2008 wrote:
prescot wrote:Precisely why I wish the next is not a bond movie or franchise stuff. As nice as it is to see billion dollar collections, a non-franchise running well is more satisfying. It gets more and more difficult to balance between box office n critical acclaim. Will be interesting to see what he does next and in what genre
I hope he stays away from Bond. You can't top what he did in the Batman movies and Inception in terms of Bond elements. He has already had the best Q/M actors you could imagine (Freeman/Caine) and we saw plenty of globetrotting with Inception. Skyfall and Spectre were influenced by Nolan's Batman movies and I don't think Nolan would do any better with it than Mendes.

Waste of time when Nolan can come up with projects like Memento, Prestige, Inception, Interstellar, and Dunkirk.
I was always lukewarm concerning his Bond "obsession", but I've accepted it it's a dream he has. He will do something different for another generation of filmmakers to copy. Just imagine the innovative set pieces when he has 250 millions to spend and the crazy villains to write.

We are seeing a filmmaker growing by every film he makes. He might have done better movies but his abilities as a director are only getting better.

A whisper in the air says Dunkirk made $18 million from Saturday.

MyCocaine wrote:A whisper in the air says Dunkirk made $18 million from Saturday.
would be a great number if rth is right

$18m would be a 26% increase from true Friday, which would be awesome. Inception increased 16% from true Friday and Apes 3 increased 13% from true Friday last week.

redfirebird2008 wrote:$18m would be a 26% increase from true Friday, which would be awesome. Inception increased 16% from true Friday and Apes 3 increased 13% from true Friday last week.
my goodness

C'mon Nolan make that bank

Honestly i thought this would onky do 30 million. It will be interesting to see the legs though.How much is it estimated to make on sunday?

mosh89 wrote:Honestly i thought this would onky do 30 million. It will be interesting to see the legs though.How much is it estimated to make on sunday?
Can't really estimate Sunday without having solid data for Saturday. Still only 5:30 PM on the west coast. If RTH's projection holds and it earns $18 million on Saturday, then a drop around 20% on Sunday would be $14.5 million.

The Special Juan wrote:http://deadline.com/2017/07/dunkirk-val ... 202132847/

“Dunkirk will somehow make money,” one packager praised about its prospects. “Don’t ask me how, but I am done betting against Chris Nolan.” As pointed out previously, Interstellar with a cost $165M before P&A turned a $47M-plus profit.
That's just rude.