Box Office

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
BoxOfice Pro predictions for this weekend:
Dunkirk: $55.5
Girls Trip: $27.5
War for the Planet of the Apes: $23.6
Spider-Man: $22.01
Valerian: $17.5

ChrisNolann wrote:BoxOfice Pro predictions for this weekend:
I'd take that all day long.

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
And if it has similar legs to Inception and Interstellar it will wind up with around $250 million domestic.

Damn, the first showing tomorrow in Indianapolis IMAX has sold a lot since I last checked. Most of the available seats are just in the first two rows.

ChrisNolann wrote:BoxOfice Pro predictions for this weekend:
That sounds great

Forum Pro
I think people may be underestimating Girls Trip.

As a black person, who has a black family and black friends, I can tell you that black people will flock out to support other black people, especially if the product is good. It should really compete for the female demo too

CinemaScore grade will be an indicator of how the general audience perceives this.

Joshua Strong wrote:I think people may be underestimating Girls Trip.

As a black person, who has a black family and black friends, I can tell you that black people will flock out to support other black people, especially if the product is good. It should really compete for the female demo too
I was looking at my local Arclight theatre for Friday night, and the Girls Trip showings are nearly sold out while there's still a good amount of seats left for the Dunkirk ones. It could definitely be the sleeper hit no one really sees coming.

Hey Everyone,

Long time NF reader/forum lurker here. I see I made 3 posts about 6 years ago -- time flies.

I noticed you guys talking about box office forecasts and mentioning Boxoffice.com. I actually work with the site and just wanted to chime in here to say we're definitely on the somewhat optimistic end. This has been a tricky film to project for many obvious reasons but we think there's a lot of upside. Ultimately though, I definitely hope we all keep in mind it could open much lower and still be set for success. Staying power is probably going to be very strong in the weeks ahead, and I suspect international grosses will be excellent (especially the U.K.).

ShawnMR wrote:Hey Everyone,

Long time NF reader/forum lurker here. I see I made 3 posts about 6 years ago -- time flies.

I noticed you guys talking about box office forecasts and mentioning Boxoffice.com. I actually work with the site and just wanted to chime in here to say we're definitely on the somewhat optimistic end. This has been a tricky film to project for many obvious reasons but we think there's a lot of upside. Ultimately though, I definitely hope we all keep in mind it could open much lower and still be set for success. Staying power is probably going to be very strong in the weeks ahead, and I suspect international grosses will be excellent (especially the U.K.).
Excellent. Thanks for your input.