Tom Glynn-Carney joins the cast of 'Dunkirk'

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
“Dunkirk” features a prestigious cast, including Tom Hardy (“The Revenant,” “Mad Max: Fury Road,” “Inception”), Mark Rylance (“Bridge of Spies,” “Wolf Hall”), Kenneth Branagh (“My Week with Marilyn,” “Hamlet,” “Henry V”) and Cillian Murphy (“Inception,” “The Dark Knight” Trilogy), as well as newcomer Fionn Whitehead. The ensemble cast also includes Aneurin Barnard, Harry Styles, James D’Arcy, Jack Lowden, Barry Keoghan and Tom Glynn-Carney.
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/2 ... n-Thriller

Yeah, he was really good in ________.

Picture of Tom from another thread:

This photo reappeared. This is one Tom posted when he arrived at the set in Dunkerque, and then pulled.
via @TomGC_Updates

Neither IMDb nor the French Wikipedia page have a character name for Tom yet. If it's his character name on this trailer then it starts with a T.

dormouse7 wrote:This photo reappeared. This is one Tom posted when he arrived at the set in Dunkerque, and then pulled.
via @TomGC_Updates

Neither IMDb nor the French Wikipedia page have a character name for Tom yet. If it's his character name on this trailer then it starts with a T.
Trusting Nolan's captions is a risky thing.

Actually, based on another pic, that "T" is part of Translux, the brand of trailer.

And regarding character names and trailers, these are the four names that were seen on cast trailers transported from Dunkerque:

Alex
Gibson
Tommy
Collins

Although we don't know anything for sure about character names,

- on a supposed piece of script, "Collins" (supposedly Lowden) spoke to "Farrier" (supposedly Hardy) in a scene about looking at a plane gas gauge.

- in a camera test or solo scene of Aneurin, the clapboard said "Gibson"

- French Wikipedia claims Fionn is "Tommy" and Harry is "Alex"

lol ok then don't choose to believe me.

Nomis wrote:lol ok then don't choose to believe me.
The names could all be bs. They could be fake character names just used on the script and the clapboards and trailers.

I think you verified one (or something) but I don't remember which one. I'm OK with being surprised.

Doubt that tho. Even Miranda Tate in TDKR was called Miranda Tate in the film.
Alex
Collins
Farrier
George

are all correct, 100%

Nomis wrote:Doubt that tho. Even Miranda Tate in TDKR was called Miranda Tate in the film.
Alex
Collins
Farrier
George

are all correct, 100%
I wish the central character is named
Collins
to continue Nolan's tradition to name the leading characters in his original films with C as the first letter with double-letter involved.

Cobb
Cooper
Collins
It would be cool. And overall this name seems to be nice.