Set Photos/Videos (Potential Spoilers)

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
This sequence is going to be so good

A crane has been set up on the top of the cliff, near the Point Vicente Lighthouse, to move the Spitfire replica. A video has been posted on Instagram (with #pointvicente) but the girl who shot it didn't really focus on that.

Nearby residents and park patrons should be aware that there is filming activity scheduled at the Point Vicente Interpretive Center (PVIC) and the Point Vicente Lighthouse between Monday, August 15th and Friday, September 2nd. The crew for a feature film will be prepping the location at the lighthouse from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM from Monday, August 15th through Monday, August 22nd. Filming at the lighthouse location will occur from 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM from Tuesday, August 23rd through Friday, August 26th. During the week of filming, the gravel and dirt overflow parking lots at PVIC will be used for cast/crew parking. The crew will be striking the production at the lighthouse from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM from Monday, August 29th through Friday, September 2nd. Filming activity at the lighthouse location will include smoke, flame and gunfire effects. The production involves a total cast and crew of 110 persons. Public access to and parking in the paved lots at PVIC will be maintained during this film shoot. However, parking in the Coast Guard’s dirt lot near the lighthouse will be unavailable during this film shoot. There will be no weekend filming activity.

https://nextdoor.com/agency-post/ca/pal ... -30430569/

This is what the East Mole looks like whithout soldiers:

From the same guy (@frlongdunkirk) that posted this picture:

And same person posted this photo, stating:

"In this capture we can see - a M1949 Belgian Helmet with the flag, - a plastic helmet - a toy rifle"

Yeah I remember this guy with a plastic helmet, he was in front of me in a scene with a lot of wind and I could see it move all the time...it's not like they were lacking helmets so I don't know why he got that one. The helmets were a mixed bag, mine was dated 1939 so I guess it was a real one.

The rifle we see here is not plastic, it's a cheap toy like gun made of wood and metal with a flimsy sling. I'm surprised they didn't replace it since the guy is right in front of the camera. Every time I had one of these and ended up in direct sight of the camera they swapped it with the much better "rubber" rifles : the Lee Enfields you can see on some extras are actually soft plastic/rubber with and very light, but very realistic, even up close. They just didn't have enough of them and were probably more expensive to make.

They also had fully functional Lee Enfield replicas, made of metal and wood, you can see them aligned vertically on the border of the mole on the teaser. Those were very heavy and would have been a pain to hold all day long, so no extra got them.

By the way, the big gray building just next to the blue one we see on the left of the mole on the above picture, is where we went every day to get ready. It called the FRAC, I think they built boats there. It gigantic.

@SuperDuty455

Were most of the the helmets real vintage helmets or replicas?

From a new Twitter video at Universal Studios.

Hard to tell, they were all of different sizes and had been repainted and weathered prior to the shooting. Paint chips on the edges revealed a brighter green under the paint on mine. Some had a net on them, I suppose they were damaged so it was an easy way to hide a dent.
The inner linings were all new and identical.

So my guess is they are a mixed bag of surplus of that style of helmet that have been reconditioned for the film.