Set Photos/Videos (Potential Spoilers)

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.

Been on that ship and had a tour at Universal studio's four years ago lol

Something else Universal might have...
I remember reading somewhere quite a while ago that Nolan would be renting whatever mechanism was used to sink and raise a ship in one of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.

Location: You'll find me in the region of the summer stars✶*¨*✫
dormouse7 wrote:Something else Universal might have...
I remember reading somewhere quite a while ago that Nolan would be renting whatever mechanism was used to sink and raise a ship in one of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.
Isn't that Disney, though? I think the rides are at the Disney theme parks but I could be wrong?

Nik82 wrote:
dormouse7 wrote:Something else Universal might have...
Isn't that Disney, though? I think the rides are at the Disney theme parks but I could be wrong?
I don't mean the rides. I mean the some of Pirates of the Caribbean was filmed at Universal in that same water area.
(and they probably used the thing that can sink and raise a ship when filming - the thing I read somewhere that Nolan would be using)
Re Universal Studios:
its massive backlot at its Universal Studios Hollywood studio and theme park has served as a filming location for Disney films.
(New) Falls Lake on Screen

Because it's a large open area, with a large water tank and backdrop which can be replaced digitally with anything, Falls Lake is regularly used for large productions.

The effects team for Godzilla (1998) recreated the Hudson River here for the sequence which featured in the trailer.

Falls Lake was recently used for a massive tomb set for National Treasure: Book of Secrets with Nicolas Cage. It's also recently been used for Evan Almighty (Ark sequence) and Pirates of the Caribbean: World's End.
Also another Pirates of the Caribbean was filmed on Falls Lake
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl [Feature Film] 2003 Gore Verbinski IMDB Database page about Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
Old Mexico (as Tortuga, shot during December 2002), Falls Lake, Little Europe (as Port Royal), including the exterior of Will's workshop.
http://www.thestudiotour.com/ush/backlot/fallslake.php

My bad, I don't know what I read that made me think you were referring to ride mechanisms..

Nik82 wrote:My bad, I don't know what I read that made me think you were referring to ride mechanisms..
That's OK. I enjoyed finding "the receipts".

dormouse7 wrote:
Nik82 wrote:My bad, I don't know what I read that made me think you were referring to ride mechanisms..
LOL I am surprised that Disney filmed at Universal, though..

Nik82 wrote: LOL I am surprised that Disney filmed at Universal, though..
I am surprised a Warner Brothers movie is filming at Universal too! I wonder if that was always Nolan's plan or if he has more than expected to do at the WB studio and needed to at least build that humongous ship deck replica somewhere else. Or it could be there so it can use the equipment I mentioned.

Nik82 wrote:
dormouse7 wrote:
LOL I am surprised that Disney filmed at Universal, though..
dormouse7 wrote:
Nik82 wrote: LOL I am surprised that Disney filmed at Universal, though..
I am surprised a Warner Brothers movie is filming at Universal too! I wonder if that was always Nolan's plan or if he has more than expected to do at the WB studio and needed to at least build that humongous ship deck replica somewhere else. Or it could be there so it can use the equipment I mentioned.
Apparently, different studios film on each others lots all the time (learned that on the Warner Bros studio tour, which is pretty awesome if you ever visit Los Angeles. Probably just depends on what type of locale/equipment/space the particular scene calls for.

Last time I went on the Universal tram tour, the guide mentioned that "Falls Lake" was even used in Inception.