April Fools: Operation Dunkirk is a go

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
We learnt two things today. Firstly, Warner Bros. confirmed via press release that Leonardo Dicaprio has NOT been cast in Christopher Nolan’s “Operation Dunkirk”. Secondly, yes you read correctly, the amended title of Nolan’s tenth feature is Operation Dunkirk. Nolan has abandoned the the one-word title scheme as his previous original films and gone for a more comprehensive title.

The ensemble cast has already been announced. Lead by teen actors Fionn Whitehead, Jack Lowden, Harry Styles, and Aneurin Barnard. Supported by Tom Hardy, recent Oscar winner Mark Rylance, and Kenneth Branaugh.

The story revolves around the historic evacuation of Dunkirk, France during WWII. The film will be shot on a combination of IMAX film and 65mm large format film. Operation Dunkirk will be released 21 July 2017.

What do you think of this title change? and remember the date Dunkirk was no more ;)

I think simply 'Dunkirk' is catchier than 'Operation Dunkirk'. And wasn't the real operation called 'Operation Dynamo'?

Operation Dunkirk Drop

I preferred it when it was just 'Dunkirk'.

Durka durka

Keith's April Fools prank will never be topped.

:facepalm:

ChristNolan wrote:Keith's April Fools prank will never be topped.
ayyy

Dobson wrote::facepalm:
You are adorable.

Is this real news or an April Fools joke? I'm being serious here. :?

I like the one-word title scheme Nolan has, so I prefer Dunkirk to the current title, plus "Dunkirk" just sounds catchier to me.