Harry Styles joins the cast of 'Dunkirk'

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Shady1 wrote:
the_red_ninja wrote:Still surreal to see Styles attached to this yo.
yeah, but he also seems like a natural - and he's got a face for the camera, that's for sure.
So handsome.

the_red_ninja wrote:
Shady1 wrote:
the_red_ninja wrote:Still surreal to see Styles attached to this yo.
yeah, but he also seems like a natural - and he's got a face for the camera, that's for sure.
So handsome.
The Directioners are out in force i see :roll:

Look, I'll forgive Nolan this piece of stunt casting but it's going to be bloody annoying dealing with these fangirls making the movie all about Harry Styles. The rest of the cast will be besieged with questions about him just so websites can get hits from his fangirls. They probably make him cringe.

You are insulting Nolan by saying he would cast someone as a stunt. I see this is your first post. Did you join just to troll?

Here is what Nolan's casting director said about casting Styles:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-n ... ss-8072670

Partial quote:
“It wasn’t because he’s a well known pop star – if anything that was more of a detriment, because it could bring the wrong message and we don’t want people pulled out of the film because of who they are.

“Our aim was to have people who are fresh and don’t bring a lot of prior work with them, so the audience will be really immersed in the film and not struggling with recognisable famous personalities.

“So Harry really had to overcome hurdles to get past that. He fought hard for it and his work was impressive and that’s what attracted us to him.

who are these new people

dormouse7 wrote:You are insulting Nolan by saying he would cast someone as a stunt. I see this is your first post. Did you join just to troll?

Here is what Nolan's casting director said about casting Styles:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-n ... ss-8072670

Partial quote:
“It wasn’t because he’s a well known pop star – if anything that was more of a detriment, because it could bring the wrong message and we don’t want people pulled out of the film because of who they are.

“Our aim was to have people who are fresh and don’t bring a lot of prior work with them, so the audience will be really immersed in the film and not struggling with recognisable famous personalities.

“So Harry really had to overcome hurdles to get past that. He fought hard for it and his work was impressive and that’s what attracted us to him.
As if they are going to admit it is stunt casting :roll: I don't know what Nolan's idea was in casting a boybander, maybe he knows 1Ds management or he met Harry at a showbiz party and decided to let him audition

I guarantee than everybody watching the movie will be thinking 'that's the dude from One Direction' or 'that's the dude who banged Taylor Swift' - unless it's my Aunt Mary who doesn't even what Ghostbusters is about :wtf:

But chill out dormouse, the world won't end just because some of us think Styles will suck

BryanFraser wrote:But chill out dormouse, the world won't end just because some of us think Styles will suck
What prior work are you basing this assertion on?

ChristNolan wrote:
BryanFraser wrote:But chill out dormouse, the world won't end just because some of us think Styles will suck
What prior work are you basing this assertion on?

Gosh dammit. We went only 8 pages without posting 1D materials.

Pratham wrote:who are these new people
Intruders! ALERT! ALERT!

The video Allstar posted is a fan-made video using 3-4 year old footage.

Bryan - I think you are letting your dislike of boy-bands cloud your judgement. Harry is a good entertainer and has been in front of cameras for 6 years. I don't think Nolan & Papsidera would give a role to someone they thought might suck. I think they know they are sticking their necks out for pre-judging and criticism by casting Harry, but according to John Papsidera they thought he was "absolutely right for the role" based on his readings. I hope Harry is doing really well because he'll need to be extra good for pre-judgers to say he's even okay.

Re fans - yeah there are some annoying ones, including those that are stalking Harry at the set. I'm a fan of both Harry and Hardy and I don't want any screaming fans in the theater either.