Harry Styles joins the cast of 'Dunkirk'

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Forum Pro
Law
This reminds me of when Nolan casted that joker Heath Ledger

Law wrote:This reminds me of when Nolan casted that joker Heath Ledger
What a moronic comparison.

BlairCo wrote:As long as Nolan sees something in him, that's fine with me.

Allstar wrote:Image

LOL
Nonsense, the lad's been playing a musician for a few years now.

Scorsese frequently liked putting musicians in his films - mixed bag but it worked often enough.

Law wrote:This reminds me of when Nolan casted that joker Heath Ledger
Nonsense. Ledger was an actor with a lot of great work and an Oscar nominated performance. People thought he just wasn't a good pick for Jocker. This guy doesn't have anything to do with acting. I'm not saying he can't deliver a good performance but that your comparison doesn't make any sense.

Bacon wrote:
BlairCo wrote:As long as Nolan sees something in him, that's fine with me.
The females age 12-17 demographic, I'd wager

I must say you guys are taking this way better than Matthew McConaughey's casting a few years ago. Dare I say we've evolve?

the_red_ninja wrote:I must say you guys are taking this way better than Matthew McConaughey's casting a few years ago. Dare I say we've evolve?
I wasn't and that's another lame comparison. McC had a number of acclaimed performances under his belt at the time of his casting.

''Ledger, Hathaway, etc. all had experience in acting before". Exactly. And Harry didn't. So, what is left to judge then?? the only ones who had seen his acting chops are the ones who hired him, and, as far as I know, no one has seen Fionn Whitehead before, but no one doubts about his capacity.
Last edited by slevin_77 on March 14th, 2016, 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Um .. wat?