Harry Styles joins the cast of 'Dunkirk'

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Bacon wrote:His role was pretty
insignificant
for the most part, but he did a good job with what he had.
Insignificant? Hm, I have to disagree strongly with that. His character pushed forward conflict and represented a few themes, i.e. survival not being fair and then the shame over what he had done/not succeeding. Definitely one of the more nuanced characters and my favorite apart from Hardy and Rylance.

Oku
I seriously cannot believe that he is a pop star to boot.

I never would have believed it had I not known going in.

okungnyo wrote:Yeah, in my second viewing, I caught a ton of instances of close-ups of Mr. Styles.
Agreed. I have seen a lot of close-ups.
The one I can't get out of my head is the close-up of his face on the train when he says that the man couldn't even look them in the eye (?). That look in his eyes was just a blow to the gut. You could literally feel the shame and guilt he was feeling.

Can someone who has seen the movie and is good at remembering lines help me out here?
It was said several times in interviews that Styles has two f-bombs. But I only noticed one in the movie. Anyone who can tell me where they both were?

Cocal wrote:Can someone who has seen the movie and is good at remembering lines help me out here?
It was said several times in interviews that Styles has two f-bombs. But I only noticed one in the movie. Anyone who can tell me where they both were?
Both are during
The boat scene something along the lines of "he's a fucking german/traitor"

Harry really did an amazing job with what he had imo. The guy made me
sort of hate him and then feel sorry for him and the "transition" was pretty stark :lol:
I have to say though. One girl did hysterically clap when she saw him on screen lol. And she used her phone quite a bit. Not that big of deal tho, I wanted to fangirl for Tom Hardy pretty bad lmao. Everybody else (full theater, quite a lot of girls but plenty of other folk either) was normal, one girl even told me to come closer because I mixed up my seat so I managed to sit in the perfect middle of the theater :D

Location: You'll find me in the region of the summer stars✶*¨*✫
brume wrote:
Bacon wrote:His role was pretty
insignificant
for the most part, but he did a good job with what he had.
Insignificant? Hm, I have to disagree strongly with that. His character pushed forward conflict and represented a few themes, i.e. survival not being fair and then the shame over what he had done/not succeeding. Definitely one of the more nuanced characters and my favorite apart from Hardy and Rylance.
Exactly what you said.
I very much disliked him but then felt so much sympathy for him when he felt he had disappointed the civilians back home.
Being a fan doesn't mean I will automatically give him a pass- I was honestly very impressed with his portrayal of Alex.

Ruth wrote:Harry really did an amazing job with what he had imo. The guy made me
sort of hate him and then feel sorry for him and the "transition" was pretty stark :lol:
I have to say though. One girl did hysterically clap when she saw him on screen lol. And she used her phone quite a bit. Not that big of deal tho, I wanted to fangirl for Tom Hardy pretty bad lmao. Everybody else (full theater, quite a lot of girls but plenty of other folk either) was normal, one girl even told me to come closer because I mixed up my seat so I managed to sit in the perfect middle of the theater :D
It's funny, but half of the people in my showing pulled out their mobile phones whenever Hardy's dogfighing scenes started. The guy next to me kept complaining that they were too long, repetitive and boring, distracting from the things happening on the beach.
Hardy seemed to redeem himself only in the end.
Other than that everyone was completely quiet during the movie.

Oku
Ruth wrote:Harry really did an amazing job with what he had imo. The guy made me
I don't understand this part??: "one girl even told me to come closer because I mixed up my seat".

^Sorry, can't English very well today. I sat in the wrong seat because the theater was already very dimly lit and the seats weren't numbered in the most visible fashion. The girl probably heard me talking about it and told me to come closer, which I thought was nice of her lol.

Darkline, jesus that is moronic. His scenes were a blast to watch.