Dunkirk's Soundtrack

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
xWhereAmI? wrote:Zimmer's "The Pacific" theme is so good. I hope me makes something similar to use in this.
too Spielbergian.

Hoping for something like this

I agree. The pacing doesn't seem very action oriented and more focused on the characters, it would be weird with an epic score.

SuperDuty455 wrote:I agree. The pacing doesn't seem very action oriented and more focused on the characters, it would be weird with an epic score.

Can anyone confirm / deny that the music from the teaser was new stuff from Hanz Zimmer?

Not sure that's even "music." It's ticking and beach sounds. Could've easily been done from some sound mixing in the trailer room.

The ticking has to have some significance to the story in some way I think

Time is running out.

It's the Dark Knight Rises bomb. The blast is so big it creates a discontinuation in the spacetime creating the Nolan Cinematic Universe.

It would be great to see Nolan using classical music in this film for the first time. War, just like space, is a very suitable theme for classical music. And this would also complete Nolan's path on becoming a cult filmmaker, cause I think every legendary filmmaker used this music at least once in his films.

I think Mozart's Requiem is perfect for this specific film. This great, great music could be very suitable for a war film which revolves around death, chaos, pain and desperation. Especially Dies irae part. This music is pretty much a resemblance of what might could be happening on Dunkirk's beaches those times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia8ceqI ... u.be&t=618