Dunkirk's Soundtrack

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Oku
AhmadAli95 wrote:Reminds of when Colin Trevorrow said that he finds it weird to shoot period movies digitally.
One of my favorite WWII scores is Steven Price's Fury. Beautiful melancholic melodies and it features some electronics too. Not as much as this one tho. Also, this guy really knows how to make sonically pleasing scores.

Edit: When you think about you'll see how Nolan & Zimmer are always trying to go against expectations. Instead of a heavy electronic score for Interstellar, they went with a more organic sound. And now an electronic score instead of a classical one for Dunkirk.
That's a good point.

tommyjon400 wrote: Everything he's done including interstellar has a fair amount of electronic.
I'm aware of that lol. Even the wind sounds on the score are actually programmed synth. Some of the organ sounds are programmed too. But the key thing is these sounds are not in your face and they sound quite organic. My point is some expected a score similar to Passangers for example, but they got simething different instead.

The rhythmic flickering is kinda reminiscent of the TDKR Nokia trailer music - which I'm not sure is Zimmer:

But anyway, neat tune.

I hear a few sound effects incorporated in the soundtrack: a propellor, a plane engine, and then there's the sound that's constantly repeated towards the end. Sounds like an alarm to me.

Oku
An alarm?

As in, an alarm clock?

As in, waking up from a dream?

As in, this could be a sequel to Inception?!

:facepalm: I know, such a lazy, obvious, and tired joke...sorry. :P

It was making me antsy when I listened. Did he mix bees into that?

Oku

That's Hans Zimmer at his finest right there

Edit: But it sure does sound similar to Man of Steel and a little like Angels and Demons

I really enjoyed this track. terrific work once again from Zimmer