Dunkirk's Soundtrack

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
No, unfortunately. I hope when the recording sessions leak, that track leaks with it.

The score is eligible for an Oscar nominations it seems. I'm happy about it but the fact that the Academy disqualified Johann Johannsson's Arrival still pisses me off.

Red Hood wrote:By any chance is there a soundtrack for the Prologue? It doesn't matter if it is a recreation or the original for me.
Red Hood....? :wtf:

Bacon wrote:
Red Hood wrote:By any chance is there a soundtrack for the Prologue? It doesn't matter if it is a recreation or the original for me.
Red Hood....? :wtf:
after more than 2 years. :shock:

Great interview, watch it if you can.

I really want to know what that ‘idea’ is that Hans keeps referring to :think:

Great interview! Thanks for posting @Innovator.

Chris actually talked about it in a Q&A. He said: "No one's ever mixed music in this way and no one ever will again. So on the Pro Tools we track laid like every single sound in the music is track laid through the entire film, so rather than cutting the tracks they're all volume graphed because the automation and shift's done."

It's really fascinating.

I'd love to hear that 100 minute demo Hans did and I think releasing the score as a single 106 minute track would've been really interesting.

Now how about that FYC album..... :|

Reaveybeach wrote:Now how about that FYC album..... :|

Christopher Nolan constantly touts how he aimed to have the soundtrack be completely non-sentimental, meanwhile he constantly uses Nimrod throughout the movie because his father was moved by it at a funeral. He tries to have his cake and eat it too. I don't think the results are particularly good. Variation 15 juxtaposed with Supermarine doesn't work very well. Variation 15 itself is nowhere as good as Time or other tracks that attempt to evoke the same feeling.

Oku
Did he really say that?

Anyway, Inception score is great, but Dunkirk score is better.

(Yes, I'm biased...but who isn't? :P )