Dunkirk's Soundtrack

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
I was honestly surprised when I've heared the music from the teaser in the film when Cooper and Murph was standing by their car talking about Murphy's law. I strongly remembered that Zimmer said that we won't hear the film's music before we see the movie, and I believed him, because that sounded totally sincere that they, on pair with Nolan, want to keep the music as one of the film's secrets.
[W]e wanted people to really hear it for the first time with the movie on really big speakers in a theater … I just didn’t want people to go and hear everything on tiny little speakers on their Mac or something like this. I wanted them to go and have the visceral experience of being pinned in their seats.
http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/segmen ... a1ba000311

I think that he said this because he knew that it will comfort people and they will stop to expect this track from the teaser in the film, and then BAAAM, you actually hear it as the film's theme.

Now, if they decide to do the same with Dunkirk (put the track from the film in teaser and tell that it's a special theme written only to promote the movie) people "won't believe his lies". (c)

I'm sure it will sound nothing like TTRL, since Zimmer is pretty famous for never having to recycle his work.

His Gladiator and Pirates score is similar tho.

Nomis wrote:His Gladiator and Pirates score is similar tho.
I think he was being sarcastic. Although I'll have to disagree with him in that case.

The one look at the number of films Zimmer has scored makes every accusations in self-repeat absolutely illegal. The punishment: from 3 to 5 years in jail watching Michael Bay & M. Night Shyamalan movies.

The guy on IMDb posted this when I asked him what the soundtrack sounded like. As I said earlier, I'm not really convinced this legit.
The only thing I can compare it to is the Joker theme that Zimmer did for dark knight, except 1000 times louder and with what I thought to be plane engine sounds incorporated into the music.

I wouldn't put it past Nolan-Zimmer doing that kind of thing. So i'd say it's legit? iono.

Havoc1st wrote:I wouldn't put it past Nolan-Zimmer doing that kind of thing. So i'd say it's legit? iono.
It definitely sounds like something Nolan and Zimmer would do. And I think it's pretty hard to just come up with something like that on a forum... But still, I'm not completely convinced by this guy.

I think he means the tension building, rising tone in this piece. Correct me if I interpreted it wrong though.