Dunkirk's Soundtrack

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
okungnyo wrote:I wonder if Mr. Zimmer felt awkward when Mr. Nolan told him he wanted him to make music for a movie where the Germans would be the enemy?
I just saw this now and holy fuck

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
okungnyo wrote:I wonder if Mr. Zimmer felt awkward when Mr. Nolan told him he wanted him to make music for a movie where the Germans would be the enemy?

-Vader
I think Zimmer was probably still too stunned from when Nolan likely handed him his pocket-watch and said "there, now I want a full album that sounds like that."

Oku
Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
Thank you for finally recognizing the brilliance of my writing. :)

I think the soundtrack is definitely better after seeing the film.

I am still listening to "Oil" all the time. From 5:00 to the end, just reliving Tom Hardy coming in!! So amazing.

This should be the opening line in the Oscars.

Hans is Jewish, so I would say not awkward. His mother escaped to England in 1939.

Another project he did: Music is by Hans Zimmer (1998).
The Last Days is a documentary, directed by James Moll and produced by June Beallor and Kenneth Lipper in 1998. Steven Spielberg was one of the executive producers, in his role as founder of the Shoah Foundation. The film tells the stories of five Hungarian Jews during the Shoah. It focuses on the horrors of life in the Nazi concentration camps, but also stresses the optimism and desire to survive of the survivors.
Last edited by dormouse7 on August 3rd, 2017, 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oku
Yeah thanks, AhmadAli95 already told me. :P

Vader182 just decided to dig up an old quote.

Pretty good comment section though.