Dunkirk Fan Art Thread

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Pratham wrote:Image
You're being too creative Prath, tone it down.

MyCocaine wrote:There is no need to copy paste random WWII images into a poster this far from release, that comes later. I myself made a simple poster since that's how the teaser poster most likely will turn out.
Look at Interstellar's first poster and then mine.

That's how a first poster is ought to look like. Let's all get creative once we get closer to release.
That doesn't make any sense. It's fanart. We can make any poster we like. Why should we wait to get creative?

BTW I like your poster. There's nothing wrong with it. I just don't get why we can't be creative.

willaartwillem wrote:That doesn't make any sense. It's fanart. We can make any poster we like. Why should we wait to get creative?

BTW I like your poster. There's nothing wrong with it. I just don't get why we can't be creative.
Perhaps, I misspoke. It's just that I don't find copying a WWII image onto a poster is very creative.

MyCocaine wrote:
willaartwillem wrote:That doesn't make any sense. It's fanart. We can make any poster we like. Why should we wait to get creative?

Perhaps, I misspoke. It's just that I don't find copying a WWII image onto a poster is very creative.
Yep, you got a point there. But you know, we don't have footage of Dunkirk yet, so we can't use official footage. I just think it's better to edit world war 2 pictures into a poster, than just making posters with no background at all (posters without a background are perfectly fine, but if everyone does that, it gets a little bit boring, I think.)
I really like seeing posters people made with their creativity (with or without background).

MyCocaine wrote:There is no need to copy paste random WWII images into a poster this far from release, that comes later. I myself made a simple poster since that's how the teaser poster most likely will turn out.
Look at Interstellar's first poster and then mine.

That's how a first poster is ought to look like. Let's all get creative once we get closer to release.
That Interstellar image was just the official first title card that was released on the official website I believe (?). The first poster that got released later was based on the title card (logo) though.

MyCocaine wrote:Perhaps, I misspoke. It's just that I don't find copying a WWII image onto a poster is very creative.
So what? It's pretty much the same with what you did. Except he didn't slap a black background behind his text but a WW2 image.
Let the fans just do what they wanna do, either way it's with good intentions (to hype up the film). Whether it'll be accurate to the final product or not doesn't really matter. It's called fan art for a reason.

Pratham wrote:Image
Alright...this is pretty good

MyCocaine wrote:Perhaps, I misspoke. It's just that I don't find copying a WWII image onto a poster is very creative.
Sysmatic wrote:So what? It's pretty much the same with what you did. Except he didn't slap a black background behind his text but a WW2 image.
Let the fans just do what they wanna do, either way it's with good intentions (to hype up the film). Whether it'll be accurate to the final product or not doesn't really matter. It's called fan art for a reason.
Exactly.

misho92 wrote:Image

First poster I ever make. Hope you guys like it... #DynamoIsHere
Is it possible for you to change "A CHRISTOPHER NOLAN FILM" to "A FILM BY CHRISTOPHER NOLAN"? 8-)

where is the poster with Roosevelt posing at his desk and the title just lying there.

500 years on photoshop