Dunkirk Fan Art Thread

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Posts: 2462
Joined: January 2011
Pratham wrote:Image
You're being too creative Prath, tone it down.

Posts: 2542
Joined: January 2016
Location: The Netherlands
MyCocaine wrote:There is no need to copy paste random WWII images into a poster this far from release, that comes later. I myself made a simple poster since that's how the teaser poster most likely will turn out.
Look at Interstellar's first poster and then mine.

Image

Image

That's how a first poster is ought to look like. Let's all get creative once we get closer to release.
That doesn't make any sense. It's fanart. We can make any poster we like. Why should we wait to get creative?

BTW I like your poster. There's nothing wrong with it. I just don't get why we can't be creative.

Posts: 3272
Joined: September 2013
Location: Copenhagen
willaartwillem wrote:That doesn't make any sense. It's fanart. We can make any poster we like. Why should we wait to get creative?

BTW I like your poster. There's nothing wrong with it. I just don't get why we can't be creative.
Perhaps, I misspoke. It's just that I don't find copying a WWII image onto a poster is very creative.

Posts: 2542
Joined: January 2016
Location: The Netherlands
MyCocaine wrote:
willaartwillem wrote:That doesn't make any sense. It's fanart. We can make any poster we like. Why should we wait to get creative?

BTW I like your poster. There's nothing wrong with it. I just don't get why we can't be creative.
Perhaps, I misspoke. It's just that I don't find copying a WWII image onto a poster is very creative.
Yep, you got a point there. But you know, we don't have footage of Dunkirk yet, so we can't use official footage. I just think it's better to edit world war 2 pictures into a poster, than just making posters with no background at all (posters without a background are perfectly fine, but if everyone does that, it gets a little bit boring, I think.)
I really like seeing posters people made with their creativity (with or without background).

Posts: 2462
Joined: January 2011
MyCocaine wrote:There is no need to copy paste random WWII images into a poster this far from release, that comes later. I myself made a simple poster since that's how the teaser poster most likely will turn out.
Look at Interstellar's first poster and then mine.

Image

Image

That's how a first poster is ought to look like. Let's all get creative once we get closer to release.
That Interstellar image was just the official first title card that was released on the official website I believe (?). The first poster that got released later was based on the title card (logo) though.

Image
MyCocaine wrote:Perhaps, I misspoke. It's just that I don't find copying a WWII image onto a poster is very creative.
So what? It's pretty much the same with what you did. Except he didn't slap a black background behind his text but a WW2 image.
Let the fans just do what they wanna do, either way it's with good intentions (to hype up the film). Whether it'll be accurate to the final product or not doesn't really matter. It's called fan art for a reason.

Posts: 3818
Joined: May 2014
Location: [insert non-spoilery location here, that wasn't a spoiler to begin with]
Pratham wrote:Image
Alright...this is pretty good

Posts: 2542
Joined: January 2016
Location: The Netherlands
MyCocaine wrote:Perhaps, I misspoke. It's just that I don't find copying a WWII image onto a poster is very creative.
Sysmatic wrote:So what? It's pretty much the same with what you did. Except he didn't slap a black background behind his text but a WW2 image.
Let the fans just do what they wanna do, either way it's with good intentions (to hype up the film). Whether it'll be accurate to the final product or not doesn't really matter. It's called fan art for a reason.
Exactly.

Posts: 567
Joined: August 2013
Location: Phenomena Incognita
misho92 wrote:Image

First poster I ever make. Hope you guys like it... #DynamoIsHere
Is it possible for you to change "A CHRISTOPHER NOLAN FILM" to "A FILM BY CHRISTOPHER NOLAN"? 8-)

Posts: 3180
Joined: April 2010
Location: We can't stop here, this is Bat Country!
where is the poster with Roosevelt posing at his desk and the title just lying there.

Posts: 7101
Joined: January 2014
500 years on photoshop

Image

Post Reply