Sir Mark Rylance joins the cast of 'Dunkirk'

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Following up on earlier reports including one from Deadline this morning, Warner Bros has confirmed that Christopher Nolan’s next film is indeed the WWII Dunkirk evacuation project. It’s called Dunkirk, and Mark Rylance, Kenneth Branagh and Tom Hardy will be part of an ensemble made up largely of unknowns. Pic will be shot on IMAX 65mm and 65mm large-format film.
http://deadline.com/2015/12/christopher ... 201673519/

One of the greatest stage actors in the world and out of this world brilliant in Bridge of Spies and Wolf Hall! :clap:

Will likely be incredible in The BFG as well.

Allstar wrote:One of the greatest stage actors in the world and out of this world brilliant in Bridge of Spies and Wolf Hall! :clap:

Will likely be incredible in The BFG as well.
Chris is really hitting it out of the park so far with the casting here

I didn't knew, who he was until I saw him in Bridge of Spies. A perfect choice.

Also, having done two films with Spielberg and now moving onto Nolan is quiet impressive.

I have to admit, I have no idea who this is.

Indeed, a pair of Britain's finest character actors and re-teaming with Hardy in a British role is a no brainer. This does seem like a perfect project he could have worked with Charles Dance though.

Outside of the teenage leads, I hope there will be some fine British actresses in support roles as well.

If he's the titular character in Spielburg's next film AND he's in Nolan's film, he must be one heck of an actor.

Bacon wrote:If he's the titular character in Spielburg's next film AND he's in Nolan's film, he must be one heck of an actor.
He's considered one of the best in the world.

Allstar wrote:
Bacon wrote:If he's the titular character in Spielburg's next film AND he's in Nolan's film, he must be one heck of an actor.
He's considered one of the best in the world.
Good to know. I'm excited what he'll bring to the table.

Most exciting casting for me