Sir Mark Rylance joins the cast of 'Dunkirk'

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Bacon wrote:If he's the titular character in Spielburg's next film AND he's in Nolan's film, he must be one heck of an actor.
Watch Wolf Hall on PBS. He's excellent in it. I've also had the pleasure of seeing him live and he is excellent. So excited that his career is skyrocketing.

I think this is the coolest news about the film so far (aside from film projection in theaters, soon to be squashed by corporate overlords probably). Rylance was also the best thing thing in Bridge of Spies.

Cilogy wrote:I think this is the coolest news about the film so far (aside from film projection in theaters, soon to be squashed by corporate overlords probably). He was pretty great in Bridge of Spies.
I think it's funny there's a newly buzzy actor out there and Nolan instantly signs him since he's Nolan. Like McC. It's poetic Nolan's become possibly the most powerful guy in Hollywood.

-Vader

Rylance has been around and highly respected for awhile though, he just usually turns down most film roles. Spielberg and now Nolan have convinced him.

Vader182 wrote:
Cilogy wrote:I think this is the coolest news about the film so far (aside from film projection in theaters, soon to be squashed by corporate overlords probably). He was pretty great in Bridge of Spies.
I think it's funny there's a newly buzzy actor out there and Nolan instantly signs him since he's Nolan. Like McC. It's poetic Nolan's become possibly the most powerful guy in Hollywood.

-Vader
Yeah, that's what I thought when I saw it.

Since Mark Rylance is a good friend of Daniel Day-Lewis perhaps he could talk him out of retirement to work with Nolan on Dunkirk. Sounds like a plan.

MyCocaine wrote:Since Mark Rylance is a good friend of Daniel Day-Lewis perhaps he could talk him out of retirement to work with Nolan on Dunkirk. Sounds like a plan.
OMG, DDL in a Nolan film would be FAB.

Yeah but it'll never happen

Never say never. Besides, it's about damn time DDL picked his next project. Why not a Nolan directed war film?