Teaser/Trailer#1

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
The guy walking towards the sea has a leather jerkin, I haven't seen any actor wearing one :

I'm a John G wrote:the theatre reaction at my suicide squad viewing was pretty interesting. the crowd was more silent for this trailer than all the others and there was a little bit of "woo"ing as the title card came up. ill never forget when i saw I Am Legend years ago and the crowd went nuts for the TDK trailer. this wasn't quite a nuts reaction, but it definitely struck a cord with some of my fellow brooklynites.

trailer is dope. i get the vibe that nolan will be giving some serious weight to water, sand, and time (once again) in this film... claustrophobia in huge sweeping shots of beaches and soldiers and heartbeats... you cant breath in water, cant breath in sand, cant escape either one, you know youre going to die, the solider walking to the water, who knows why

there is something nolan is hiding from us, he always does, there will be an element of something we could never anticipate in this film, just as interstellar wasn't really a space movie, just used space as a backdrop, perhaps nolan views the experience of dunkirk as the epitome of hopelessness and despair, like Bane's pit or the collapsing dream... so many questions... much intrigue very excite much boner
That was a pretty sharp analysis. This is exactly how I'm feeling about this thing. God, I can't wait.
Last edited by Willem on August 5th, 2016, 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

willaartwillem wrote:That was a pretty sharp analysis. This is exactly how I'm feeling about this thing. God, I can't wait.
when i was 8 or 9 i developed a fear for the beach when i almost drowned. i just know nolan will make me feel that fear again in this film.

I'm a John G wrote:
willaartwillem wrote:That was a pretty sharp analysis. This is exactly how I'm feeling about this thing. God, I can't wait.
when i was 8 or 9 i developed a fear for the beach when i almost drowned. i just know nolan will make me feel that fear again in this film.
Yes, the feeling of isolation and dispair was almost tangible in that last shot.

willaartwillem wrote:
I'm a John G wrote:
Yes, the feeling of isolation and dispair was almost tangible in that last shot.
more than almost. that thing theyre standing on is silent. hundreds and hundreds of soldiers standing hip-to-hip in complete silence, yes, standard practice maybe, but it speaks to the lonliness of the battlefield and is starkly contrasted with how each individual helps the next duck under cover in a domino effect as someone said earlier. lonely and isolated but connected through fear, sacrifice, courage, and imminent death. its freaky. perhaps we will get some Birds vibe with the planes overhead.

Thanks for the Aneurin photos. I do think Aneurin has a waist length jacket like Fionn although it is pretty impossible to find a photo where you can actually see the hem of his jacket.

SuperDuty455 - I am not seeing any red leather on the guy.

We don't know how close to the Dunkerque shore the oily accident happens. Did those soldiers end up back on the beach before getting picked up by the Moonstone? The straps/packs the guy drops look quite dark or filthy.

I think we'll have to wait until the movie comes out to figure out for sure who that is.

Forum Pro
Law
dormouse7 wrote:
I think we'll have to wait until the movie comes out to figure out for sure who that is.

I'm sure we'll get this scene in the second trailer, seeing the HQ picture the it's definitely an older person. You can see the grays in his hair and now I'm leaning a little more towards Cillian.

Aneurin Barnard made so many RTs of Dunkirk trailer that he remains the main suspect IMO.

dormouse7 wrote:
SuperDuty455 - I am not seeing any red leather on the guy.
It's a very subdued due to the cinematography, but if you increase the colors, it's clearly there :