Teaser/Trailer#1

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
MyCocaine wrote: You would be wrong then. It's David Lean all the way.
I don't see it. It's too "bleak" for a Lean vibe. But maybe there will be more shots invoking Lean in the film. I'd love that. I'm a much bigger fan of Lean's films than I am of Malick's.

What software do people use to drop out a smaller section of video of a range of frames (i.e to make a gif)?

And yeah I noticed the cardboard soldiers but more because of their monotone. To me they always seemed more suitable for distant lines since those would look lighter just from the air, smoke, mist.

endwk2 wrote:
Hustler wrote:Someone please post a gif of that extra I can download. It's too funny.
and THAT right there will cost him the Oscar, 2020 guys, for sure.

LelekPL wrote:
MyCocaine wrote: You would be wrong then. It's David Lean all the way.
I don't see it. It's too "bleak" for a Lean vibe. But maybe there will be more shots invoking Lean in the film. I'd love that. I'm a much bigger fan of Lean's films than I am of Malick's.
I'm talking solely about how the shoots are composed.

It's shares the same picturesque quality as Lean's films.

Is it unusual to call a 1st teaser trailer "Announcement"? If so, do you think there will still be something more typical (credits etc) called 1st teaser?

dormouse7 wrote:Is it unusual to call a 1st teaser trailer "Announcement"? If so, do you think there will still be something more typical (credits etc) called 1st teaser?
That's just how WB have been doing it lately when you have two teaser trailers. Recent example is Fantastic Beasts. Teaser 1 is the Announcement, teaser 2 is the teaser trailer.

really didn't expect it to be so frenetic

I was thinking the mood would be more like Shitstellar's teaser

The teaser made my heart race a little bit so I guess that's a good sign haha
As for the actors named in the description of the WB UK version, tbh I think they only put those names in there bc they're the most known and searched ones. That said I don't believe there will be a clear 'lead' anyways but I guess the next trailer will tell more.
Also yep, def Tom Hardy walking towards the sea in that sea! Good that we could clear that up with the HD version.
The cinematography looks gorgeous so I'm pumped! :D

Demelza wrote:The teaser made my heart race a little bit so I guess that's a good sign haha
As for the actors named in the description of the WB UK version, tbh I think they only put those names in there bc they're the most known and searched ones. That said I don't believe there will be a clear 'lead' anyways but I guess the next trailer will tell more.
Also yep, def Tom Hardy walking towards the sea in that sea! Good that we could clear that up with the HD version.
The cinematography looks gorgeous so I'm pumped! :D
Cillian being left out is offensive.