Predictions: Genre

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Inception 2: We Must Go Deeper :shock:

It'll probably be sci fi but horror would definitely be a great change.

I would love a horror but I don't see it being one in July... Unless it's a sci-fi horror which would be AMAZING.

I would want him to do one of the three:
- a horror / or a high concept thriller
- a David Lean type epic
- his own worldbuilding space epic franchise

I've mentioned this before, but I think a sport film would really suit Nolan yo.

Going by the theory that he does a genre per 3 films. (Psychological: Following/Insomnia/Memento, Sci-fi: Prestige/Inception/Interstellar Crime: Dark Knight Trilogy)

I predict maybe: Historical Fiction , Horror or Film Noir. I'd like to see the later.
Then again it would be cool he could reinvent the fantasy genre.

brickarts295 wrote:Then again it would be cool he could reinvent the fantasy genre.
Cillian Murphy for Sandman?

brickarts295 wrote:Going by the theory that he does a genre per 3 films. (Psychological: Following/Insomnia/Memento, Sci-fi: Prestige/Inception/Interstellar Crime: Dark Knight Trilogy)

I predict maybe: Historical Fiction , Horror or Film Noir. I'd like to see the later.
Then again it would be cool he could reinvent the fantasy genre.
Film Noir is tough though cuz honestly Following, Memento, Insomnia, and even Batman Begins and The Prestige are all film noir, or Neo-Noir at least. Nolan generally crafts some Noir into whatever genre he is making.

That being said...I have no idea what I would most like to see him do.

Now it's pretty clear for me that it will be Sci-Fi.

I even can tell three themes, which is the most possible for Nolan's next feature:
1) Robots
2) Virtual Reality
3) Time Travel

Pratham wrote:
brickarts295 wrote:Then again it would be cool he could reinvent the fantasy genre.
Cillian Murphy for Sandman?
He would absolutely nail that. But I guess it's really going to be JGL's project.