Predictions: Genre

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
I predict a big, David Lean-esque epic. An old-fashioned adventure movie maybe. Maybe a historical epic. A western, or maybe a mixture of all three.

He mentions Lean all the time and he loves movies like Lawrence or Arabia and The Treasure of Sierra Madre and The Man Who Would Be King, so I can't see it being anything but a perfect match.

Pratham wrote:I'd freak out if it is either an alternate history, steampunk, cyberpunk, or disaster film.

It's going to be crime/noir/sci fi/epic because he hasn't done anything else besides that.

ChristNolan wrote:It's going to be crime/noir/sci fi/epic because he hasn't done anything else besides that.
Actually, TDKR was pretty much a war film too, and you have totally forgot drama. And yeah, Insomnia was detective too.

Lord Shade wrote:
ChristNolan wrote:It's going to be crime/noir/sci fi/epic because he hasn't done anything else besides that.
Actually, TDKR was pretty much a war film too, and you have totally forgot drama. And yeah, Insomnia was detective too.
Drama is in all of those, no point in including that. War is in the epic category. Detective is noir/crime.

science fiction crime heist

i've been saying this since 2012 people, a film where an animal plays on a human sports team. it's the obvious next step

Stop Motion.£

*clears throat* MUSICAL MUSICAL MUSICAL MUSICAL MUSICAL MUSICAL MUSICAL MUSICAL MUSICAL please.

the_red_ninja wrote:*clears throat* MUSICAL MUSICAL MUSICAL MUSICAL MUSICAL MUSICAL MUSICAL MUSICAL MUSICAL please.
No.