Predictions: Who Will Play the Lead?

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
T-minus 10 wrote:Orlando Bloom
Good fucking god no

Durden wrote:Gyllenhaal, Issac or maybe Leo makes a return.
Isaac is likely going to be busy with Star Wars ep 8. That's a huge commitment and movies are probably filming at a similar time. We could probably rule him out despite him being one of my top choices.

I hope it is Jeremy Renner or Benedict Cumberbatch just to see ChristNolan do a 180 on his opinion of them. I also happen to like both quite a bit.

I praised Benedict for his turn in The Imitation Game so nice fail there. I do not like Renner too much but he was good in American Hustle.

ChristNolan wrote:I praised Benedict for his turn in The Imitation Game so nice fail there. I do not like Renner too much but he was good in American Hustle.
Top 5 actors/actresses you would like to see Nolan work with that he has not before?

Allstar wrote:
ChristNolan wrote:I praised Benedict for his turn in The Imitation Game so nice fail there. I do not like Renner too much but he was good in American Hustle.
Top 5 actors/actresses you would like to see Nolan work with that he has not before?
Pitt
Vikander
Mulligan
Jake Gyllenhaal
Daniel Day Lewis

Gyllenhall is my #1 hands down. Dude is an incredibly immersive actor and his role choices are always unique and interesting. He's currently in pre-production on "Nocturnal Animals" which has a 2016 release date. Could work out schedule-wise depending on how long that shoot is/when Nolan goes into pre-prod himself...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4550098/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1

ChristNolan wrote: Daniel Day Lewis
now that'd be something

adam sandler

Yeah Cotillard and/or Vikander would be great choices. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he picks a lead with whom he hasn't worked before. God it's just so exciting!!

Nolan likes to mess with us so I'll throw in the odd choice of Keanu Reeves and then for more obvious type leads Gyllenhaal, Pitt, or Will Smith.