Predictions: Who Will Play the Lead?

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Russell Crowe

Kat
I will predict Tom Hardy if the lead is supposed to be a Brit and Matthew McConaughey if it is supposed to be an American.

Hardy''s American accent in The Drop was awful. If it's a Japanese of course Ken Watanabe!

I am tellin' yo right now, if Leo/ Damon play in the lead role than it's a blockbuster written on the cards.

Jean Claude Van Damme

chinn70 wrote:I am tellin' yo right now, if Leo/ Damon play in the lead role than it's a blockbuster written on the cards.
Makes sense.

Christian Bale would be my pick, especially since he has some free time after his franchise film about Travis McGee didn't pan out due to injury.

But I wouldn't be shocked if Nolan finally decided to switch up his typically white male protagonists and went with a female lead (doubtful) or maybe Denzel Washington or Oscar Isaac (both would be fantastic in a Nolan film, especially Denzel).

I would be delighted to see Bale playing a villainous role for Nolan tbh.£

Yeah, a 'villian' would be great as well. This actually sounds like great casting: Denzel as the hero and Bale as the villian.

Nolan doesn't do villians

Barrett wrote:Gyllenhall is my #1 hands down. Dude is an incredibly immersive actor and his role choices are always unique and interesting. He's currently in pre-production on "Nocturnal Animals" which has a 2016 release date. Could work out schedule-wise depending on how long that shoot is/when Nolan goes into pre-prod himself...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4550098/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1
Jake will be busy in 2016 with The Man Who Made It Snow and Stronger, film about Boston Marathon.