Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
cause he's the only talented guy that can score trillion dollar budgets so I want him to use his powers for good ie something fresh

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:cause he's the only talented guy that can score trillion dollar budgets so I want him to use his powers for good ie something fresh
He pisses fresh

I trust him whatever film he's doing

long time lurker finally made an account. :)

The Warner Bros. Wikipedia site has "Live by Night" listed as July 21st release in 2017. ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_W ... ros._films )
Maybe Nolan took over since Ben is off doing a Batman trilogy? He is or was supposed to direct.

Gruselmonster wrote:long time lurker finally made an account. :)

The Warner Bros. Wikipedia site has "Live by Night" listed as July 21st release in 2017. ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_W ... ros._films )
Maybe Nolan took over since Ben is off doing a Batman trilogy? He is or was supposed to direct.
Affleck is still directing and will start shooting this November. Sets are being built in Georgia right now. I don't think that date is accurate.

Nolan is done with Batman. Let it go, guys.

Neither of them said otherwise...

That Release Date is really throwing me off. I mean that's a summer blockbuster release date right there. It's almost as if WB expects another Inception. Which hey, if our lord and savior pulls it off, especially with another Original Film, more respect to him.

Ok, so, these rumours about Akira and the next Nolan film being a SUMMER 2017 picture are a bit unsettling, shit!, the fact that the next Nolan movies could be 3 Akira films is incredibly unsettling and the reason should be obvious for many of us "fans" in here.
I've had one, and only fucking ONE issue with the last few Nolan movies and it has nothing to do with plot, or script or, the acting, or any sort of production value, it's simply about the fucking PG-13 vibe Nolan has been rolling with in his last few projects. Now, I'm not a guy that needs violence or gore or sex to enjoy a film I just think that films like Interstellar and specially Dark knight Rises could have used some -"R"- elements to be even better or at least more... remarkable films, so there is a bit of a feeling of Nolan holding back instead of being creative in the process, man, I fucking know that if you want to make a hugely successful summer film, you make it PG-motherfucking-13, FINE, but, NOT Akira for god's sake... just... NOT FUCKING AKIRA PLEASE!
Have you guys read this manga? is THIS a fucking american summer movie? are these people gonna let Nolan make an R rated trilogy, if, of course, Nolan has the balls to push the rating that far after all this time? fuck, doesn't anyone notice this, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

Lmao this fucking guy